Front driveshaft ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
How do you determine which front driveshaft your Libby requires? Thanks for help.

Midgear

Reaction score
How do you determine which front driveshaft your Libby requires? Thanks for help.

you measure the length between the friction welds on either end of the shaft, and call eric and tell him the length, he'll get you set up. LOWEST PRICE YOU'LL FIND ANYWHERE.

Automotive Parts Unlimited, LLC
800-270-5224 or [email protected]
Your source for drive shafts, bearings, axles, etc..

I just ordered one from him last month. 100% satisfied.

Midgear

Reaction score
I assume the name was eric judging by his username.. LOL

They didn't call me to verify the length eek2.gif But I got mine off eBay.. so they just assumed I knew what the hell I was doing.. nope.

Shipped the short one back, they shipped me the proper length shaft, installed it in 10 minutes, and all is well.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score

There should be a some kind of labeling/model # on the original drive shaft. this will give you the information for cross reference...., just did mine about 4 weeks ago.

cuz62

Reaction score
my 02 crd is p52111591aa i emailed eric said he didnt have any,very hard to get here in the uk,looking to see if i can get someone to recondition mine.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
my 02 crd is p52111591aa i emailed eric said he didnt have any,very hard to get here in the uk,looking to see if i can get someone to recondition mine.

Cuz62,TBJ has some pics on here somewhere of his driveshaft refitted with U-joints,might be an option for you.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the scoop on front drive shafts. I should've posted this a while ago.

P52111591 - Weld to weld is 17 5/8"
P52111593 - 20" (Same as grand cherokee 52099498)
P52111594 - 16.75"
P52111596 - 16 3/8"
P52111597 - 19"

Now the 594 and 596 MAY BE interchangeable. I've got someone testing that for me now. For 02-06 I haven't seen any rhyme or reason as to why a 3.7L Liberty has the 596 or 597 so don't automatically assume you've got one or the other. You want to check the number on the shaft itself which is almost always there or measure the distance between welds on the tube which is the lengths I've provided. Now when I joined here I had about 500 of these in stock. I'm down to next to nothing now for the short term.

As for right now, I'm pretty much down to having 594's and 593's on the shelf and a minimum 2 week wait for the others. The 591 I can have one made but it'll take time because I've got the line going and can't interrupt it for one number. This is caused by us being VERY busy due to the entire country being covered in snow all winter. Hopefully this clears stuff up for you guys.

ALSO as far as the U joint conversions go..ONLY the 52111597AA will work. The others are too short and will vibrate. These have already been tested over and over again. It would have solved supply issues but it just won't work. We do conversions for almost every other jeep though and they work.

twindmax

Reaction score
is there a breakdown of the years and driveshafts? I am in iraq and trying to purchase one for my wife's jeep online or by calling a salvage yard. She has a 2002 with automatic trans. What else fits this?