Front Driver side turn signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firefightingemt41

Reaction score
My 02 liberty is having an issue with the front turn signal. I originally replaced the bulb with no luck. When I hit a bump sometimes it comes back to life. I will go out and bump the light and it will work. I have been told it is a bad ground. I am ok with replacing parts like water pump, start, power steering pump etc. However I am NOT smart about electrical issues. Can someone please help?

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
It might be as simple as the female contacts on the socket being pushed away from the light bulb male contacts. Is the bulb loose in the socket? Does it slide in and out easily? If so, take a pick and gently pry the contacts in the socket out a smidge. Just had that issue on my new to me Wrangler. Easy fix.

If the socket is actually bad, its a two wire connection for the bulb socket. Get a Dorman replacement socket and use some wire butt connectors to put the new one on. Simple as matching up wire colors and using pliers to crush the wire into the connector.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to put a Voltmeter into that area to see if you are missing +12 volts or Ground. You can always add another ground!

As ****** rider stated the bulbs may be making bad contact inside the sockets...some owners have had cases whereby on the Headlights the contact areas get so hot that the contacts melt their way backwards into the plastic!

Otherwise you have to dive into the Wiring diagrams!:oops:

firefightingemt41

Reaction score
It might be as simple as the female contacts on the socket being pushed away from the light bulb male contacts. Is the bulb loose in the socket? Does it slide in and out easily? If so, take a pick and gently pry the contacts in the socket out a smidge. Just had that issue on my new to me Wrangler. Easy fix.

If the socket is actually bad, its a two wire connection for the bulb socket. Get a Dorman replacement socket and use some wire butt connectors to put the new one on. Simple as matching up wire colors and using pliers to crush the wire into the connector.
Everything is snug in the connector. I will get a new connector and start there. Hopefully it is just a simple fix and stops at the connector. I will update as needed. ty

Latest posts

Members online