Front Drive Shaft/Transfer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason9

Reaction score
Hi, unfortunately i am hearing the dreaded 100,000mile clicks from the front drive shaft. I was wondering since the part number is not legible how do you know what replacement parts you will need? There is a 19 and a 20 inch option. Also, anyone have a guide or a easy walk through on how to replace the seal on a transfer case. A lot of questions, i haven't worked much with the Kjs drive train, anything will be appreciated!

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L

Jason9

Reaction score
Thanks, If i were to replace the entire shaft instead of just the CV, do you know which one I would need? Just trying to weigh out my options here. The KJ is my everyday car but I'm planning on lifting it in the next few months.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, If i were to replace the entire shaft instead of just the CV, do you know which one I would need? Just trying to weigh out my options here. The KJ is my everyday car but I'm planning on lifting it in the next few months.

No need to spend 3-400 bucks on a new driveshaft, replace the CV and be done. Takes longer to remove and replace the shaft than what it does to replace the CV. 45-50 bucks is way cheaper than 300-400
Well using old style arithmetic it is :icon_lol: