Front Diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this would be the drain on the bottom

You must be registered for see images attach

And this is the fill plug

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fill up plug needs to be removed first and second the drain plug?

That just to make sure the fill plug is able to be removed before you drain the thing. Or else you might end up with a empty diff and a stuck fill plug....

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The screw on pumps you buy at autopart stores kinda work if you have them in a bottle that's like no less than half full. I'd try the tube thing like Bob suggested. It's a messy job anyway to look at it.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this would be the drain on the bottom

And this is the fill plug

All you ever need to do to find em is look for the WalMart yellow or blue stripe!

Bob

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot everybody. Is it normal for it to be pretty dirty under there looks a mess could be from pulling the oil filter so many times and not cleaning up so good

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i figure just wanted to be sure there werent any tell tale sogns of a real problem

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my father in law got a bunch of gear oil from his work. Napa branded 80w-85w-90 i have been reading up on it seems fine to use. I dont tow i dont off road much. It has the limited slip modifiers that i dont need but this stuff is free. I have read time and time again it wont hurt have the lsd additives and i dont know which i have until i jack up the rear end and spin the tire. What you guys think have you seen it before have you used it.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man Yea i looked no tags probably corroded with the salt season we have here i read to jack the rear and spin the tire if the both spin the same way that lsd if they go opposite thats open

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.