Front diff replacement party in Toledo 12/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
DECEMBER 8th not the 10th sorry for the confusion..For anyone who has been around you know the front diff is mmmm...weak. Jon (jerbacher) came up with the idea of testing his and its blown now with a huge chunk out of it, so its being towed to my place next Saturday for replacement.

SO anyone that may want to know what its like to change out or to come and offer moral support we would be glad to have you. I am in Toledo so those of you in the Lower part on Michigan / eastern Indiana any of Ohio are more than welcome. Jon will be towing his from Kent (over near Akron) so if you are over that way maybe you can catch a ride or follow him to make sure he doesnt loose it off the dolly!

If you want to come, let me know and I will PM you my address etc. We will be TRYING to photograph and do a write up for future breakage/ replacement, full details on the LOST MIDWEST site

Thanks for your time and now back to your regular programming

Tom

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
its only money and you cant take it with ya!
day at work......... 103.30 in my pocket
day spent with friends and maybe learning how to replace a front diff..priceless

tom

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were closer I would come over but I hope you are working in a heated garage. It is bitter cold here at least.

If you have an extra undamaged d30a diff cover with bolts I will buy it from you. PM me.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave contact jerbacher about that cover as he has one from his old one. Catch him before he drops it off at the junk yard! Can catch him on LOST as well

Replacement went well, 3 of us got it in and no problems except for breaking a very expensive bolt (one of the cam bolts) Not many pictures as we had no one extra to take them, was hoping some that said they would show would have.......oh well!

t_bois

Reaction score
So where did the replacement diff come from? If this was close to Colorado Springs I would have been more then happy to take pictures. You guys must have busted your tail to get this done so quickly.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think now I could do one even faster, spent some time just looking at what, when and where to make sure if what we were doing was OK. Replacement diff came from a KJ that had been wrecked with 35000 mile on it. Nice and clean inside no wear what so ever.

Tom