Freeze plug locations, 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck Donley

Reaction score
My daughter's 06 KJ is leaking coolant, coming from between engine and bell housing. Please tell me there's a freeze plug back there....runs fine, heat works, steady coolant temp, just a leak.

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
My daughter's 06 KJ is leaking coolant, coming from between engine and bell housing. Please tell me there's a freeze plug back there....runs fine, heat works, steady coolant temp, just a leak.
Having same issue on my 04 3.7
I believe that is a freeze plugs leak from the information I have gathered. Any update?

LibertyAZ

Reaction score
Having same issue on my 04 3.7
I believe that is a freeze plugs leak from the information I have gathered. Any update?
Hey Guys,
I just finished replacing mine. Same issue, significant coolant leak between engine block and bell housing. Attached are the before and after pictures. Purchased the plugs off Amazon. Changed the rear main seal while I was in there.
Transmission removal and rear main seal replacement:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• Freeze Plugs Before.jpg
    Freeze Plugs Before.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Freeze Plugs After.jpg
    Freeze Plugs After.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 18

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Very inspiring! i’m going to do a coolant pressure test to confirm it is the plugs leaking and begin to devise a plan to change them. Any thing else you changed while you were in there?

LibertyAZ

Reaction score
Very inspiring! i’m going to do a coolant pressure test to confirm it is the plugs leaking and begin to devise a plan to change them. Any thing else you changed while you were in there?
Since you have to pull the transmission I went ahead and changed the starter since it was already out. Mine looked old and worn.