Found an EVIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbarkley

Reaction score
I have found a grey evic out of a 2005 or newer jeep liberty. They are asking 100 for it with no wiring pigtail. Is that a fair price? How hard is it to find a pig tale for it. I already asked and they do not have one.

Thanks for any info

Dave

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can make a pigtail out of a floppy drive connector. Apparently all that needs to be done is a little bit of trimming to make it fit. Someday i'll stop being lazy and use my extra evic to make a how to on this...Anyway, 100 seems in the ballpark based on what i've seen them go on ebay for. Others may have more experience with how much they have been going for recently. What concerns me is the gray part; I've never seen out out of a Liberty that was anything other than taupe. You could ask for the part number of the module, then match it up to a KJ part number from a parts list.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pigtail is nowhere near the same size so I don't get where people are drawing this from. I bought several extras at junkyards off of any OTIS/EVIC equipped vehicles and they run about 15 each. $100 for an EVIC is a little steep, especially without a pigtail or bracket.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought several extras at junkyards off of any OTIS/EVIC equipped vehicles
are you planning on installing multiple evics in your kj?

The pigtail is nowhere near the same size so I don't get where people are drawing this from.
No it's not, the floppy connector isn't quite as wide nor tall. But it takes 5 minutes to make work, i know because i just did. I shaved a little bit off the bottom side of the connector. The other problem is that the floppy connector accepts round pins, and the evic connector has wide, flat pins. i took the smallest mini screwdriver i could find, and widened the floppy pin connector holes slightly near the front. Then i let the pins of the evic connector do the rest. It did have to use a little force to get it in the first time, but its in there nice and solid but not to the point where you can't disconnect it. Is a regular pigtail a better solution, sure it is. But if you can't get your hands on one easily, this will work in a pinch.

tjfisher*CRD

Reaction score
pigtail

i have a 03 otis and need a pigtail ! will any otis or evic pigtail work and a floppy cable :-k how do you know what leads to use?

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Since you won't have the pigtail to see the colors, here they are by pin out:
Pin 2: PCI Bus
Pin 3: Fused (B+)
Pin 4: Ground
Pin 5: Fused Ignition

How to on the install

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, most any of the pigtails that chrysler used for the evic/otis usually have similar colors as notated above. The pigtail I used for mine came from an intrepid es (as far as I could tell because it was that smashed up), and my extra one I have came from a 300m.