Found a potential rust trouble spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, found these when I was cleaning my jeep (pre-road trip ritual cleaning) and this trouble spot is on the door hinges, there are two oval indents and two round indents on the forward and rear doors.

make sure you clean them out good with a q-tip, then if you have rust, apply a closely matching rust-olem then a clear nail polish to top it off.

Don't want rust on those door hinges.

2003KJ

Reaction score
That is a good tip.

I've also found another potential rust spot. The bottom of the frame, where the condensation that results from running the A/C runs down. I noticed a little surface rust building up on my frame in this spot, and this weekend plan to re-direct the flow of the water by extending the tube down from where it comes out at the firewall, down to just below the frame so that all of the water hits the ground and doesn't touch anything other than the hose on the way down. I'll be sure to post pics of this and a small write if i get around to doing it this weekend.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2003KJ

Reaction score

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha - sorry about that folks!

I opened this thread right before my phone rang (stupid work) and was not able to read it then... but I wanted to check it out when I had time.

ETA: Hey look, I added an avatar!