Forgive me if this is a dumb question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Libertys have a Limited Slip rear end optional?

Are they available aftermarket anywhere?

jpm

2003KJ

Reaction score
You can get them from the factory with a limited slip, or you can add an aftermarket locker. Search around here and you'll see the different discussions, as well as options that others have gone with as far as aftermarket.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yes they were. To determine if you have a LS or not, look on the rear axle. if you have one, there should be a tag somewhere on there stating that. This is important to know when you change your differential fluids (so that if you do have a LS, you make sure to add the proper additive in as well).

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tag will be on the right side of the axle. It may be gone though.. Sometimes they come off.. Mine is still there after 3yrs though.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see how mine says OPEN.. Yours will say something different.

Mine needs to say LOCKED now. \:D/

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish mine had the option, it makes such a difference.

As far as suggestions, what do you want to do with it, and how often will you be driving on dry paved roads?

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dry, paved roads often, but I'd like the option of a good limited slip or locker for the front and rear if possible and affordable.

jpm

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'd say a definate no on the front locker if you're driving on pavement all the time, I would stay away from that with the front diff having an aluminum housing as it does.

For the rear there's always Powertrax, Tru-Trac, or a factory trac-loc. ARB has an air locker for the rear, but it is very pricey.

here's a factory trac loc on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250075190030&