Forced Air-intake Scoop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been using something that was a bit ok. But I am about to fabricate one that will fit more snug and utilzie the full slat in the grill vs just 2/3rd of it. I am going to make one that uses the entire far passenger side slat. Before I start into this. Anyone else interested. Because it will determine how I go about making it if I am going to make more vs just 1 off. i am going to make it out of fiberglass. Right now I am using a scoop I got somewhere and used dryer duct tubbing I got from Lowes and cut a whole in the airbox.. But i am thinking having a muffler shop bend me some tubing so the surface is more smooth for better flow.. Its an 2006 Liberty. Anyone interested? I would do it at cost plus a small service fee. I have no idea what cost is yet but once I get it perfeted should be able to cooky cut..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
TexasKJ or something along those lines made those for a while and sold a few. I made up my own 6-7 years ago
Good luck

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I have now. The scoop sits between the grill and the rad support and feeds through.. I dont like the dryer duct because its all bumpy and aluminum which heats up fairly easy so gives the air a greater chance of heating up before going into the airbox.
What I am going to do is where it goes through the rad support is rather narrow so I am going to get a rubber 3" diameter hose about 6 inches long and stick it through the rad support. and just enough out in the grill so that I can bond it to the fiberglass scoop. For my test mold. I am going to get a piece of plywood to act as my form for the space that is towards the radiator since its open air space. Then I am going to cover all the area between it and everything else in aluminum foil (to act as a barrier and a mold). The scoop should be one piece fiberglass when done, the connecting piece will be a rubber hose like used on radiators or something. Just long enough to pass through the support, then a piece of aluminized steel (muffler tubing) straight with a 45 degree bend at the end to go into the side of the airbox.
I think it will give more airflow, reduced turbulance.
You must be registered for see images

If these pics dont imbed or work right here is the link to my pic library
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why are you going clear around to the side of the box? Extra tubing, more bends etc Why not straight in?
Mines straight back through into the box and still running the original scoop from on top of the radiator support

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Took some pictures of mine I've made 4 so far this way and no one is having any issues , no use running that pipe so far and putting more bends etc in it, just a waste (IMO of course) But Like I said been running mine for several years
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

dogran999

Reaction score
Anyone tried a forward facing bonnet scoop something like the J8 air scoop