for young kids Liberty or Altima

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want know for young kids is jeep good or nissan sendan good for them let me know thanks which would be more safe for them to drive?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In my opinion, the Liberty wins hands down. It's safer, better in the snow, and roomier. However, if you want fuel economy, an Altima is pretty good.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll add a vote for the Liberty... I have a 16 year old step-daughter learning to drive, we have the Liberty and a Mazda 6.

As mentioned the 4WD is great in bad weather, the Liberty has great visibility, awesome turning radius, is shorter in length and appears to fare well in collisions if stories here are an indication.

She finds it much easier to drive. The only drawback with an inexperienced driver might be the higher tendency to roll over if control is lost, which we've talked about.

She also knows she will never drive it again if she abuses the 4x4 lever!!!

cvt8474

Reaction score
If you feel the need to help more American jobs go out the window buy the Altima! Otherwise the only way to go is a Jeep.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you feel the need to help more American jobs go out the window buy the Altima! Otherwise the only way to go is a Jeep.

I agree. It's all about where the profit goes.

BTT......I drove an Altima about 250 miles a couple of years ago. It was in 05 I think so it was an 05 model so not a new one as in an 09. It was "tinny" and required premium fuel. Anyway, you can't compare any car to any Jeep. I have a car and a Jeep and they are as different as night and day. When driven properly, a Jeep is safer in my opinion.

Dave

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for Liberty but the kids are more likely to get into trouble wih a 4x4 b/c of the go anywhere, do anything capabilities of a jeep. I know b/c I was a kid who like to borrows dads Truck to play in the mud :D Of course he never knew until one day I got it stuck lol