for those of you with cragars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what size you guys run and if you encounter any problems with rubbing or anything. I'm putting my lift on this weekend and was looking into getting a set of cragars, but am unsure as to how they will work. Any input is greatly appreciated

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered 16x7 4.5 4inch back spacing. 16x8 might be a little to wide with some rubber but it seems like most people are happy with 16x7. mine should be in on saturday. You could also go down to a 15 inch rim but then your brake caliper clearance is slim to none

Renegade those rims dont look to bad but i would have to see them on a jeep first and reviewed before i bought

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i like them I think ill go with the 16x7. I want to stay as close to stock as i can. Maybe just a little wider.

Boiler

Reaction score
With my lift (OME HD/Rancho, 3/8" top plate spacer, no clevis yet) I've got Duratrac 245/75 R16 on cragar soft 8's, which as said have 4" backspacing. The backspacing and the larger tire both increase the arc in which the outer edge swings. I had to pound the pinch and trim the bottom 1/3 of my bumper off (or at least the wheel well) and I still rub in reverse when turning one way. Soon I'll get a zip tie or two and hold the wheel well a little farther away. Then when I do a front bumper I won't have any problems.

Long story short: the 4" backspacing + larger tire = trimming

Personally I like it trimmed, love the wider stance, and it will give you a little added stability. Totally worth it.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got some of the wheels i showed you guys before, Putting them on with my lift this coming weekend 4/2. ill post before and after pictures

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a different backspacing you can run that minimizes rubbing/trimming, or does that put the tire too close to the control arm and sway bar?

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.5" is factory backspacing, so you can safely backspace at 16" wheel up to that number. I'm running 16x7 soft 8's with 4" on a stock suspension, and I get mild rubbing at full lock (235/70R16 tires), but it's so minor I haven't done anything about it.

Love the wider stance, and the look of the cragars. Very few KJs around here have this sort of mod.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
There is a great website..maybe some of you have been on it....

Tirefactory.com

You can pick our liberty, the lift, the tire size and "try on" some rims, It was fairly accurate. Check it out....

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15x8 with a 31 inch tire. Some rubbing when wheeling, nothing I can't live with.
You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

No members online now.