? for CRD Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnm45227

Reaction score
What's up with the sticker on the pupmps that say not for use in '07 or newer highway vehicles. Am I not going to be able to find a gas station after '07?

dnm45227

Reaction score
Apparently some new standards are coming out and all the diseal pumps have stickers on them that say it's against federal law and may cause harm to the engines if the fuel is used in '07 or newer vehicles. This only applys to diseal though.

dnm45227

Reaction score
I'm confused. If it's the new stanard and better, why can't the newer diseals use it? Is thins going to cause us any grief?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
I'm confused. If it's the new stanard and better, why can't the newer diseals use it? Is thins going to cause us any grief?
The newer diesels CAN use it.

The older ones can use it too.

Wait... you're talking about the other stickers...

You're talking about the Low Sulfur Diesel sticker. Um... they can't use it because it's not compatible with their emissions systems. Honestly, I don't believe it's compatible with ours either, which would explain why we're having so much trouble with them now.

Once ULSD gets everywhere in the country this fall, we won't have those problems anymore... I hope.

You must be registered for see images

dnm45227

Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
dnm45227 said:
The newer diesels CAN use it.

The older ones can use it too.

Wait... you're talking about the other stickers...

You're talking about the Low Sulfur Diesel sticker. Um... they can't use it because it's not compatible with their emissions systems. Honestly, I don't believe it's compatible with ours either, which would explain why we're having so much trouble with them now.

Once ULSD gets everywhere in the country this fall, we won't have those problems anymore... I hope.

You must be registered for see images

Ok, that clears it up. If you have an '06 or older you can use either blend. If you have '07 or newer the emissions system acn't handle the "dirtier" blend.

Is there going to be any lubrication issues, or will the ULSD have an additive of somekind?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
I see.

Interesting. Seems to be quite the decrease in emissions. Thats good.
But darn it, I can't throw soot clouds anymore to annoy tailgaters. Do you know how fun that has been over the last couple months?

Now I have to go back to what I was doing with the other Jeep... hard braking. It's a lot more risky.

Sunoco diesel is the best if you need to throw one of those.... their diesel is full of it.