"Fold Flat" front passenger seat - '08 KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously hope that the so-called "fold flat" front passenger seat will be only one (of at least two) options on the 2008 Liberty. My wife and I looked at one of the new Dodge Nitros and she felt as if she was sitting down in a hole. The belt line is much higher than the current Liberty (as it will be on the 2008 Liberty) and the passenger seat is adjustable only fore and aft - it can't be raised. In my opinion, some one in the DCX design department has developed some sort of fetish for these fold-flat seats. Make them an option for people who really intend to haul 8' 2x4's, or whatever, but also offer the same 6-way power seat which is available on the current Liberty. [-o<

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't the belt line be adjusted similar to the current KJ's? Also, seat height adjustment? I think that was an option that I missed in my KJ. DOH!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Can't the belt line be adjusted similar to the current KJ's? Also, seat height adjustment? I think that was an option that I missed in my KJ. DOH!

It's close... very close. 1" higher maybe.

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Phil -

"Belt line" refers to the height of the side window sills, not to the seat belts. And, no, the fold-flat front passenger seats in the Nitro (and Compass, and - presumably - Patriot) are not height-adjustable.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got Flat?

Reason #1031 why I love my 2005 Matrix AWD. Fold Flat seat has an actual lever on it that allows the top hald to essentially flip over. Using the seatback adjuster does not do the same thing, maybe close, but not the same.

P.S. - I have put an 8ft. ladder in this thing with the hatch closed. Amazing!

Small car Right?
You must be registered for see images

Eats Anything!

Who needs a little extra storage?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, fold flat is such a marketing buzz word... Really... who carries around that much stuff all the time that it really matters? I think I've put the 2nd seats down in my KJ four times since May '04, and it worked just fine in each case. Just my thoughts anyway... (biggrin)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
I can't stand the Matrix. It's funny... the Vibe is the exact same vehicle yet looks so much better.

Well aren't we in a mood today Marlon! kopkrab.gif

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Marlon_JBT said:
I can't stand the Matrix. It's funny... the Vibe is the exact same vehicle yet looks so much better.

Well aren't we in a mood today Marlon! kopkrab.gif
LOL.

Just an opinion. It's amazing what difference some sheet metal can make!

I should have said... to me. Sorry for excluding that.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its ok people either love one or hate the other. I could not stand the Vibe personally. Too much cladding, ugly wheels and taillights that were not appealing at all. The interiors are identical and the body kit for the Matrix is hot! LOL but I am biased since I own one.

But one big difference is the paint. The Vibe has been known for subpar quality paint and it chips, scratches and fades due to the thin layer put on. Either way I love the car and something this size with AWD is very hard to find at this price.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Whelan said:
its ok people either love one or hate the other. I could not stand the Vibe personally. Too much cladding, ugly wheels and taillights that were not appealing at all. The interiors are identical and the body kit for the Matrix is hot! LOL but I am biased since I own one.

But one big difference is the paint. The Vibe has been known for subpar quality paint and it chips, scratches and fades due to the thin layer put on. Either way I love the car and something this size with AWD is very hard to find at this price.
No kidding. It's a nice car.

I also noticed that the bumpers are not clearcoated if you get the full body color package! Annoying!

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the full body kit and love that it is colored. I essentially found it fully loaded:

2005 Matrix AWD
-6 disc in-dash CD changer
-Outside Temp. gauge
-all mats (including cargo mat)
-16" alloy wheels
-fully body kit
-fog lamps
-pwr. moonroof
-pwr. windows/doors
-Toyota VIP security (if the glass breaks or doors open it goes off)
-rainguards (wasnt sure of them at first but it lowers the profile of the window and since its black it blends in nicely.
-Two prong Outlet (love this feature, no need for car chargers)
-tie down system with slides, tie down belts, and anchors
-Rear bumper protector (keeps the lip from getting nasty with loading.
-automatic headlights

It's not a Jeep but the Compass came out too late for me and I need good MPG.

The only thing I may put on it other than the Silverstars I upgraded would be the brakes (powerslots and ceramics) and possibly the TRD supercharger kit for $2,500.