Flowmasters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

herb3

Reaction score
New member here and great site...lots of good info!

I am looking to replace my stock muffler with something that offers better performance and sound. I really like the look of the Borla Dual Cat Back system but that is out of my price range at the moment. I have used Flowmaster 30 series mufflers on other vehicles in the past and liked them but I want something that has a good "Deep" sound to them. Anyone here have a Flowmaster installed on their KJ and if so what kind (series) and how do you like them? Right now I am leaning towards the "Super 40 Series" Flowmaster.

My Liberty is a 2002 Sport 2wd with a 3.7 and 5-speed.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be installing my new magnaflow system in a few days. I know its not a flowmaster but I am expecting a pretty deep toned roar.

Bennett has the Mag. installed already and has some decent quality sound clips and video posted.
Heres the link
http://jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=411

I will be posting some HIGH quality video and sound as soon as I finish installing. So be on the lookout for that post. Maybe I'll just do a HOW TO:

Again, I know its not a flowmaster but hey, gotta keep the options open.[/url]

herb3

Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
....Again, I know its not a flowmaster but hey, gotta keep the options open.

Thatz true. I plan on one day installing a good cat-back system when I have the extra funds but for now I will have to settle for a better flowing and sounding muffler.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy the entire exhaust kit but I did have a Magnaflow muffler installed and boy did that make a HUGE difference in sound!!

I luv it (whistle)

uvalax236

Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow on my KJ. Great sound! Nice deep tone and gets really loud at 3000 rpm's. Flowmasters are also a skid plate!

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get us some audio! I'd love to hear it in comparison to the magnaflows. Take some pic of it too. I'd like to see how it is shaped and how it affects your clearance.

herb3

Reaction score
The Flowmaster is almost half the stock muffler length but about the same thickness so clearance is pretty much the same as factory. I will try to get some pics and a sound clip tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online