Fixing Fence in Leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally in the Spring I walk the fence to fix whatever needs fixing before I let the cattle out. This year I drove.

DSCN0387.JPG

DSCN0390.JPG

Would not have gone here with my JD Tractor or the Chev 4WD PU. Went in and back with the Libby.
DSCN0388.JPG

Finally got off road mud instead of driveway mud.
DSCN0393.JPG

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice photos Dave. Thanks for sharing. Looked like fun!

How many cows by the way?

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:

Counting calves 8. Used to be many more but I am dialing back work and dialing up fun. :-&

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
grogiefrog said:

Counting calves 8. Used to be many more but I am dialing back work and dialing up fun. :-&

That's cool. I keep telling my wife that we're going to have cows when we retire. My mom's side had a ranch in the family for a long time, and I spent a lot of time there as a kid (in Wyoming). I love cow... \:D/

I use to drive around the ranch in a Wagoneer...

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
That's cool. I keep telling my wife that we're going to have cows when we retire. My mom's side had a ranch in the family for a long time, and I spent a lot of time there as a kid (in Wyoming). I love cow... \:D/

I use to drive around the ranch in a Wagoneer...

The cows are fun to have around and if you are careful on which breed and then the temperment of the ones you get out of that breed they are pretty easy to keep. In beef the English breeds are the easiest keepers from a handling standpoint. If you have good pasture they pretty much take care of themselves over the summer months. And hey, if you make a mistake you can always eat it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.