First time as a recovery vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was the first time i got to use my Libby as a recovery vehicle. My 17 year old step-son put his Saturn in the ditch after sliding on glare snow packed ice. After one look at it my first words were 'I don't care what you tell me, you were going too fast." I am a wienie. LOL

Well i put it in 4 lo and without even spinning the tires (stock Goodyears) unbelievable i know, i had him out in under a minute.

God i love Jeeps. :D

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i put it in 4 lo and without even spinning the tires (stock Goodyears) unbelievable i know, i had him out in under a minute.

I did the first two years of off-roading in my stock goodyears. They weren't the greatest tires, but with a combination of careful driving and, as Clint Eastwood used to say "knowing your limitations" they did fine.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was the first time i got to use my Libby as a recovery vehicle. My 17 year old step-son put his Saturn in the ditch after sliding on glare snow packed ice. After one look at it my first words were 'I don't care what you tell me, you were going too fast." I am a wienie. LOL

You let him off too easy.....I would have charged him a recovery fee...hahaha

Dave

Robocody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No chance yet, but I'm still waiting on the tow hooks to come in the mail...:D

While I wait, is it safe to use the subframe where the tow hooke will go? Or do I stand a chance of bending stuff up if I use that without the hook installed?