First Skid Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishin'liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put on a front skid tonight. Got it off a wrecked kj for about half of what it would be new. Threads were so rusted on the front that it really took some elbow grease to get the bolts in there. Just to happy to have one on. Unfortunately before anymore mods I have to replace passenger CV and intermediate shaft. Hopefully I'll be fully armored with a lift by the summer.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent! Glad you got it at good price!
I am lucky my Rocky Mountain came full skids except transmission, which I recently installed to complete the skids, and OME lifted now.
Skids are needed off road Right ...RYAN??
(darn guy ordered lockers and still has no skids)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Excellent! Glad you got it at good price!
I am lucky my Rocky Mountain came full skids except transmission, which I recently installed to complete the skids, and OME lifted now.
Skids are needed off road Right ...RYAN??
(darn guy ordered lockers and still has no skids)

Opps!
Forgot to tell you...
I have a 4'X8' sheet of ⅜" Dural Aluminium waiting for me when I get back
from Seattle!
Making my own skid plates Tim.
Lets see, I have a welder.
Nutsert installation tool and nutserts.
Got a neighbor who has a sheet metal brake.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could get skids at a decent price around here.
Our local scrap yard has 6 kjs and they are all stripped underside and sold for scrap metal before they enter the yard....makes me wanna cry.
I'm sure they'd make more money if they at least kept a set in stock at all times.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our local scrap yard has 6 kjs and they are all stripped underside and sold for scrap metal before they enter the yard....makes me wanna cry.
I'm sure they'd make more money if they at least kept a set in stock at all times.

are any of them limited kjs? I have been looking for the limited interior panels :D

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have a trans skid for sale
$100 and free shipping to the lower 48
This is home made or rather made by a shop
to my spec
100X stronger than stock

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Check Orleans Dodge - a lot cheaper than you think. (Still cheaper than going online discounter or aftermarket and trying to ship a 100lbs of metal from the USA - why I still don't have rails and am looking to fab some if a few more Ottawans want to.)

Got my missing factory skids at dealers new at $75 for the xfer case skid and $54 for the transmission skid. Already had fronts and gas tank and with an upgraded diff cover and a bit of steel stock to protect the exhaust should be more than okay for trails this season.

If you are looking for junkyarders there are a LOT of Liberty wrecks at Sonshine Auto at the very end of Innes. Don't be looking for deals there - I have gotten a few odds and ends over the years but it's often cheaper to buy new... Canada. Go figure.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the same issues trying to find an engice skid for my '04. They've been discontinued, so no chance of a new MOPAR one. Got my ****** and T/C skid last week from the local Jeep dealer.

Called 3 more salvage yards today to no avail on the engine skid. Guess the hunt continues.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What about the gas tank skid? Are they available still for an 04?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It should, but you have to remove the hitch first to install tank skid.

Members online

No members online now.