First project this weekend!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am being positive when I say that. I am scheduled to get the Jeep back Friday, and if I do get it, I have a project to complete on it this weekend.

There are some lights in the dash that are out. They are behind the speedo and the tach. Is there an easy way to get into the dash to get to the bulbs to swap them?

What kind of bulbs are they, and can I just go to AutoZone or O'Reilley's and get them? If dealer only, does anyone know part #s?

Also, I am going to work on the heater on the driver seat. Only works on lo. Is there a computer that connects to the heater, or how is it setup? I think the problem is in the switch. I have to push the Lo button a few times before it seems to want to work, and won't come on at all on the Hi button. Figured I would swap out the driver side switch with the passenger side and see what happens. Then if I have a fully functional driver side heater, then I will replace the switch.

Again, is this a dealer only part? What kind of switch is it. A pulse switch or does it stay in the on position 100% of the time. I am thinking it is pulsed.

I am sure there will be more I find to do on it this weekend, but I am not sure what that may be right now.

Any help is appreciated.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the bulbs from the parts store but I believe you gotta rip the whole dash out to get to them

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

hmmrdwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do search on the dash lights. There's a tutorial here. Maybe you can add to it. I've got some lights out and need to tackle it. I'd replace all lights with oem. There's 9 if I remember. I think they make it complicated to slow odometer fraud. lol maybe not...

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they make it complicated to slow odometer fraud. lol maybe not...

Lol, I never even thought of that. Especially since the odometer settings are stored in the ECU.

I'll check it out at the dealer tomorrow morning. The availability of the lights that is.