First Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my KJ in November 2007, brand new. I don't really drive much, mainly to the bus stop and back (I work in Manhattan). Today was the first time I ever took pictures of it. It has less than 4,000 miles on it...

You must be registered for see images

I'm OK as are the other people. The side of my thumbs got messed up from the airbag but nothing major, just more of a burning sensation and a blood blister. I'm partially to blame since I was making a left turn. I have no idea where he came from since I didn't see him (obviously). I have a feeling he was shooting out of another entrance to the shopping plaza I was entering and didn't have time to stop. He didn't skid or blast his horn so I doubt he saw me either. No way he was going 30mph (the posted limit) but what do I know. He stopped straight about 40-50 yards past me while I did a 180 into the parking lot.

Everyone on the scene thinks its going to be totaled but I'll find out tomorrow when the insurance adjuster takes a look at it. Pictures are crappy but you get the idea. The other guy's truck (Mountaineer I think) didn't seem that bad.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
:-O

GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!

Sorry about the Jeep.

But they're replaceable. You're not.

I'm thinking it's totaled as well. :(

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Where did this happen?
About totaling the jeep, I would say if there was such a force to rip the rim like a paper, there must be something cracked in the unibody, bent, or worse.. No matter what it is, if you can opt out for replacement or cash, go for it. Look at the shaft..

Glad you are OK and drive safe.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Where did this happen?
About totaling the jeep, I would say if there was such a force to rip the rim like a paper, there must be something cracked in the unibody, bent, or worse.. No matter what it is, if you can opt out for replacement or cash, go for it. Look at the shaft..

Glad you are OK and drive safe.

It happened on Staten Island about 2 miles from my home. Its a large strip mall that they've kept extending throughout the years so there's like 6 parking lots, all connected but all have their own entrance/exit to the street. I have a feeling he was coming out of one of the other entrance/exits and while he was accelerating, creamed into me.