First official pic for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been around here for awhile but I never posted pics of my KJ because I wanted to wait until I got it how I wanted it. Well, here it is. The mods are in my sig.

Hopefully to come, some type of lightbar (either roof or bumper), rear hitch with receiver and D-ring, and front tow hooks. For now, here is how she sits...

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great, if you have matching spare, lose the cover. If not, get matching spare, then lose the cover :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great, if you have matching spare, lose the cover. If not, get matching spare, then lose the cover :)

Yea........ditto.

Your KJ is looking good.

Dave

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You raise a valid point. Working on it.

As far as the spare, I couldn't afford a matching spare just yet so I got the cover from a relative. A matching spare is in the works, too. Thanks for the compliments!

jeep looks great, thanks for posting! Ive always liked the red kj's, and the tires you picked look nice too...

but let me caution you about that mystery tire under the cover.... if you still have a stock tire as a spare just remember.... you cant run a 28" and a 31" on the same axle... it will ruin the differential =O

as far as the recovery points... they have absolutly nothing to do w/ a lift kit. recovery points are there for if you get pretty dern stuck, so if you dont have recovery points, dont go places where you can get pretty dern stuck is all. sure you can go more places w/ the lift (yay) buy ya, like he said... dont go places you can get pretty dern stuck, yet :D

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup - I know about not using different tire sizes. Been doing this for awhile...not sure if that's a good thing or not...

No need to defend me on the recovery points issue - I know they should always come BEFORE the lift. I bent the rules on this one.

And jelohead, I'm in Utica. Well, the suburbs of Utica. You nearby?

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually, prospect, i think you may have told me that before....duh...no, im in Dutchess County near Poughkeepsie

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob, you wanna recruit people for your trail-trips, don't you? :)

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huseyien, always lookin to find folks to go wheelin with, problem is, we need places to wheel!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do people with donut tires do when they get a flat? It shouldnt hurt the differential unless you travel on it for along time at high speeds.

For me, Ive got a locker on the rear with a stock tire as the spare. So if I had a flat on the rear, I would have to take a tire off the front and put it on the back then put the spare on the front.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do people with donut tires do when they get a flat? It shouldnt hurt the differential unless you travel on it for along time at high speeds.

It definitely hurts the differential IMO. TO answer your question, most people with donuts don't know or care - they also drive over 55mph for extended periods with them. Idiots.

What would I have done with my FWD Prix if I had a flat? If on the rear, since there's no diff, I'd just slap it on. If it was on the front, I'd pull a rear tire to the front, then the donut on the rear. I'd do the reverse if I had a RWD 4x2 vehicle. I don't think any 4x4's have the donut - they SHOULD be full size spares. If they have a donut, I'd think they'd be the locking hub type, so if you're not in 4wd, you're not spinning the front drivetrain anyways - you'd be free-wheeling.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the front diff always spins on a kj, the disconnect from drive train is at the tranfer case, so it really dont matter if the off size wheel is on a drive axle or not, if the diff spins, no bueno! hop, skip and jump trips, on off size, ya do what ya gotta, and ya prolly ok, but i would rather not wear the diff and buy a ful size spare. kinda one of those rule things like a lift w no recover points er somthing...

either way just wanted to make note of the issue so drivers beware, kinda like an aquaman safty tip...