Firestone Destination A/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

youknowwhoibee

Reaction score
I want to know if anyone has any personal expeirence with these tires... I am contemplating these or the new geolanders. Both are basically the same price, But these were ranked slightly higher for treadwear and road noise. I like the revos alot, and i can get a deal for 126 each, mounted and balanced. But i am trying to save 100 or so dollars on a decent set of tires. I am needing a good allseason tire for my 2wd Jeep, that can handel the MD snow.

youknowwhoibee

Reaction score
Tires mounted and balanced...

*Destination™ AT Firestone P235/70R16 S 50,000 UNI-T® 121.99
*Dueler™ A/T REVO Bridgestone P235/70R16 S 50,000 129.99

That is valvestems and all included.

Im questioning if i can get the tires for cheaper online and get them mounted at like the "price club" for cheaper.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the yokohama A/T-S's. Im not to sure how they will wear yet. If they wear to fast Ill put my stock tires back on for awhile to keep a good tread on the yokos for offroad. The tread wear is 500 which isnt to bad. The general grabbers I had was like 700 though.. :-s

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5114

Ive got some up close pics on the second page..

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youknowwhoibee said:
I want to know if anyone has any personal expeirence with these tires... I am contemplating these or the new geolanders. Both are basically the same price, But these were ranked slightly higher for treadwear and road noise. I like the revos alot, and i can get a deal for 126 each, mounted and balanced. But i am trying to save 100 or so dollars on a decent set of tires. I am needing a good allseason tire for my 2wd Jeep, that can handel the MD snow.

I have the destination a/t 235/70-16. I like them, not much road noise. I have about 25-30k worth of mostly hywy miles on them and still have more than half tread. They're good in the snow and offroad. I haven't really used them in any deep mud. Although the mud i did go through seemed to clog the tread up. I'm getting a lift and going with mud tires next. O:)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
youknowwhoibee said:
Tires mounted and balanced...

*Destination™ AT Firestone P235/70R16 S 50,000 UNI-T® 121.99
*Dueler™ A/T REVO Bridgestone P235/70R16 S 50,000 129.99

That is valvestems and all included.

Im questioning if i can get the tires for cheaper online and get them mounted at like the "price club" for cheaper.

where are these prices from?

I bought my Destinations from Tire Rack at around 80 dollars per tire (bought 5) and got them mounted and balanced at my mechanics for 75 bux...

I spent under 600 dollars for 5 tires...The Revo's from tire rack cost about 120/tire

youknowwhoibee

Reaction score
I showing my quote against revos, at a Firestone tire. I would buy them from tirerack for about 100 shipped each. And get them mounted for 15 each at the mechanic. I have got many of quotes for them. So right around what you paid.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are only okay. Good dry traction, and offroad in the dirt and sand. However, not so good in the mud and now that they have worn a little not so good in the rain either. Not a bad tire for the price though.