Finally... Two Jeeps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a KJ, but my TJ that I custom ordered finally arrived. I ordered this TJ Sport 15 weeks ago! The delay was caused because I ordered every option except for Sirius, including ABS (which was actually the main hold up). It's got the 30" tire package, which includes the upgraded shocks that the Rubicon has, including a rear Dana 44. It's also got the security group, trac-lok, speed control, and six disc CD. What's kind of cool is that the rear view mirror has the outside temp and compass on the mirror itself.

Upon picking this up late Friday afternoon, I went straight to my local tire store that I use and upgraded the 30" stock Goodyear Wranglers to Revos! The tire shop gave me $75 a tire to upgrade. And oh my gosh are the Revos nice! Up against the stock Goodyears on the KJ, I can't believe the difference! Now it is on my list next year to replace the stocks on the KJ! Side note, I was also noticing how bad the KJ's stock Goodyears are wearing... at only 12k.

Anyway, if it had not been that I was working from home, this would have been a CRD no doubt. Our KJ certainly has a better ride, and is all around a better day to day Jeep. This is a bit bouncy, and even with the hard top it's got more road noise. But all in all, I'm happy with it, and in having both a TJ and KJ in the garage. They make a good combination!

You must be registered for see images

I am in love with these tires...

The Jeeps, all washed up...

Poser shot...

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one beautiful machine! Congratulations! (cool) One of my neighbors has a blue hard top...can't take my eyes off it whenever I pass by in the morning.
The TJ was actually the Jeep I was after a few months ago, but my wife was pregnant with our second kid at the time; needed more of a 'family' SUV.
It's too bad we're only authorized one POV or I'd be saving up for one of those beauties!
Those tires look great!!!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
AtlanticLiberty said:
Aw, man! Now I want a Wrangler! See what you've done! #-o
Be sure to get a red one!

Looks good, grogie! I was just about to PM you asking where the heck that TJ was. lol3.gif

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Yeah, it's a 4.0 I6, AT btw It's got a lot of low end torque, like the CRD as I recall test driving one, but not a lot of pickup. It's not like the KJ that has a lot of pickup on the interstate (like when you punch the gas on the KJ V6). Plus the breaks are really stiff unlike the KJ. I really have to step on them.

It's the last year for the I6. From what I hear, the '07 TK will probably start with the 3.7 V6???

It is bouncy and fun, lol. I haven't seen too many red TJ's around. My second choice would have been yellow.

One thing, the new car smell is really intense. I've done some cleaning inside, plus I've been leaving the windows down in the garage. Maybe that it's just off the line, as literally it rolled off the line at 7:32 a.m. Nov. 1st!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.S. I really want Revos on the KJ now. I wasn't sure what you guys were talking about that got rid of the stock Goodyears, but now, Please accept my apology! Can someone say tax refund perhaps?! Even my wife agrees... which when the little woman says you can spend money, it must be okay!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hehehe, apology accepted.

The more red Jeeps, the better. \:D/

That's one of the reasons why I like the 3.7L... I'd rather have the mid RPM power, than low end. The people behind me can wait when accelerating from a red light. On the highway however.... going fast.... quickly can sometimes get you around an accident. I've avoided 2 of them thanks to the 3.7L.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
P.S. I really want Revos on the KJ now. I wasn't sure what you guys were talking about that got rid of the stock Goodyears, but now, Please accept my apology! Can someone say tax refund perhaps?! Even my wife agrees... which when the little woman says you can spend money, it must be okay!

HA! finally saw the light.....!
we wont hold you against it grogie...LoL

Nice TJ btw....IMO you shouldve gone w/ the yellow...but the red looks nice and sharp..and ur right, i dont see too much red Jeeps around...

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup I never knew how crappy the goodyears where till I replaced them.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning it's raining a lot here... so with the stock Goodyears, I told my wife to make sure that she's got it in four-wheel drive (full-time).

I've been doing a five-tire rotation, thinking I'd get to 30k, but there won't be any tread left by then.

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
This morning it's raining a lot here... so with the stock Goodyears, I told my wife to make sure that she's got it in four-wheel drive (full-time).

I've been doing a five-tire rotation, thinking I'd get to 30k, but there won't be any tread left by then.

I'm at 27K and mine look pretty sorry, hence why i'm gonna get new tires next week. I could probably stretch it a few months more, but with winter coming up, that means snow, and I've just gotta go places in the Jeep in the snow, so I gotta have good tires on....lol. Gonna try for 245's if I can afford them.

And I think the red looks good. Compliments the blue KJ nicely \:D/

Speaking of tires, I wish I had found this site (or LOST) before I bought my jeep 2 years ago, and read all the reviews on how crappy the crapyears are....I woulda done what Aaron did and trade them in right after I bought the jeep.....ohh well. The plus side is now that mine are becoming racing slicks, out in open parking lots and on my street, I can get some good drifts in... \:D/