Finally after a few years a lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so after about 2 or 3 years reading these forums and trying to save up i've finally got the money to lift it. thanks in part to a miscalculation of weddings savings in my favor and the fact that i was told i had to buy them ( my tires are dangerously close to rubbing on the inner fender wells when turned i guess thats what 80,000 miles on stock suspension does) by my fiance, i've got all the parts and a buddy to install them. It also seems like bilstein is starting to change their part numbers 24-139168 is the new part number for the F4-BE5-D916-H0 and 24-185660 is the new part number for the BE5-6458 shocks. I had a much better time price shopping with the new part numbers. I bought the springs from Sierra Expeditions with a 10% coupon i got for taking a picture of my jeep with their sticker on it. I bought the shocks from 4wd using a 5% off coupon code for joining their forums. Front bumpstops from Morris 4x4 . Then when i was gonna use hockey pucks for the back my fiance bought actual bumpstops for the rear from amazon. Now in a week or 2 i'll finally have a lifted jeep.

Attachments

• 2012-02-12_09-41-01_111.jpg
    2012-02-12_09-41-01_111.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 2012-02-25_09-39-27_928.jpg
    2012-02-25_09-39-27_928.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 34

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it seems i can't get anything i want without being punished in a equally expensive way. go my lift all on and everything was good, it was kinda scary driving it from the place the lift went on to the alignment place. at the alignment place a brake line sprung a leak (they said it looked like part of the hardline was tweaked and cuase the rubber part to rub on something wearing it away and when they applied the brake to start the alignment it started leaking. also they had no luck moving any part of the tie rods. so i'm getting the special $780 super alignment special that includes a new brake hose and new inner and outer tie rods.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude
bring it some place else quick
sounds like they are hosing you
brake lines ,extended SS braided should be $150 max
and $50 top installed
Tie rods again I don't know the exact price but what
I do know is that they can not cost over $200 each
alignment should go $100 give or take
hell for that kind of money I could buy the Currie HD tie