Fender Trimming? Need Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshy0077

Reaction score
Hey folks,

So I recently bought 255/65/17 Revos with a set of 17x9" (-12.00mm offset, 4.5" backspace) wheels that I was hoping to just replace the ugly stock wheels with. Unfortunately, they are way to big and if I were to drive on them and turn, they would rip my fender off. I just ordered a Rusty's 2.5" coil lift, but I just want to make sure that this will take care of my problem. If I have to do some trimming, what is the best way to do so, I'm not sure what all can be taken off of the fender flares without them looking like garbage.

Thanks for the help,

Josh

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be ok. If you offroad, you will probably need extended bumpstops for the rear so the tires do not rub the fenders at full flex.. O:)

Its hard to tell how those tires will fit with those rims though.. Either way, its going to look sweet so you better post pics.. You will probably need to beat the pinch seem over and maybe some of the fog light area.. O:)

What kind of rims did you get? 8-[

joshy0077

Reaction score
I ordered the rims you see in my profile (if the code is working)...the setup was going to look sweet...but now it sounds like the company is going to pick up the wheels and tires and issue me a return...I asked if they would help pay for the lift I needed in order to get the tires to fit correctly (since they advised me on what size to purchase, and said I wouldn't have any major problems), and they somehow took my complaint as a request for return. I'm trying to see if they'll ship me 16x9's with smaller tires, or at least properly sized tires...is there any way to simulate the effect of a lift? Can I just use a floor jack and raise the frame up 2.5" and try installing one of the wheels to see if it will fit right? The lift is supposed to come tomorrow (Wednesday), and the company I bought the wheels off of is sending Fedex over on Thursday to pick them up, so I have to make a decision quickly.

Any help is as always...appreciated =P~