Feeling Better

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a rotten day at work. So I came home, got the KJ, went and filled her up with gas ($1.85), put some air in the tires (36 psi), and had it washed. The wash wasn't as good as a hand wash, but it got most of the salt off and she looks better. And I feel better too!

drive.gif yes.gif

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash

Too cold to wash my silver Liberty this time of year. It looks dull white from the salt right now. In the daytime the temps are shooting up to 10. sometimes 11 degrees. LOL. Snow every 3 days or so as well. no problems with it.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I contemplated today about washing the KJ in the garage, then I remembered I would have to salt inside my garage. #-o

This COLD *****, but I like the snow.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
rain pretty much all of next week, so, i'll just wait till then...toss some soap on it, and let nature do the rest...LoL....

paying for a carwash now is a waste..rather use the 10 bux on other things...
since my street is a mess, and getting in and out of my garage is quite an adventure....thank goodness for the tight turning radius.....and 4 Hi!

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too cold

Brr! (mud) I felt sorry for you guys, so I got mine out and hand washed it in honor of you all. It's a little chilly here in San Diego too though-- not even 70 degrees, I almost didn't wear swimming trunks! The Liberty looks so shiny I had to put sun glasses on to look at it! (libsilver) \:D/

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: too cold

roadrunner said:
Brr! (mud) I felt sorry for you guys, so I got mine out and hand washed it in honor of you all. It's a little chilly here in San Diego too though-- not even 70 degrees, I almost didn't wear swimming trunks! The Liberty looks so shiny I had to put sun glasses on to look at it! (libsilver) \:D/

not quite seventy degrees----that just isn't right----it was 40 and rainy here and it looks like I had it better than most \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
well, earlier this week, it was 50º one afternoon, so I snuck out of work early and washed the KJ (hand wash). Nothing beats a good hand wash.

*note to self, don't park Jeep on grass untill summer*

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinkin about takin the librerty over to a do-it-yourself wash this evening - just to get some of the salt off it. It's really pathetic looking right now.

We've had some really cold days here... like 6 degrees with blowing winds. Could take your ears off.

-Blu

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way I'm washing anything in this cold... here's yesterday's weather straight from Environment Canada, and it's been much of the same for the past week (Kitchener, ON. Canada).

Yesterday
Max Temp. -11.3°C (12 °F)
Min Temp. -31.1°C (-24 °F)
Precip Total 0.0 mm

By next Monday we'll be up to a balmy -10°C (14°F) as the low for the day (Max temp. of -2°C or 28°F). Maybe I'll wash it then.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing last week and it felt good for the beast to be clean. I hadn't washed it since october. Unfortunatly, I parked it outside and the neighbor's cat walked all over it and left WHITE foot prints all over my BLACK jeep. ](*,) Oh well, you can't keep a jeep clean for long O:)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jackie said:
I did the same thing last week and it felt good for the beast to be clean. I hadn't washed it since october. Unfortunatly, I parked it outside and the neighbor's cat walked all over it and left WHITE foot prints all over my BLACK jeep. ](*,) Oh well, you can't keep a jeep clean for long O:)

My wife got some mud on our KJ like right after we bought it. She thought I would be mad, but it actually looked good!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't washed mine since early December, and man does it need it, but at least there isn't any salt on it \:D/

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wellp, I brought in the libby to get a bath. More like a "*****'s bath".... (tops and tails) - but it's no longer mostly white.

The water was freezing as quickly as I applied it, and there's still a thin coat of ice on it. I had to scrape the mirrors so I'd be able to see ;)

But I'm glad it's done, I hate leaving the new england winter in the wheelwells for that long.

-Blu

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
if friggin pigeons didnt do their deed on my hood, it wouldve been just before xmas since i wouldve washed the KJ last....
wouldve done so sooner or later..i dont like leaving salt on her for long...