Fantastic Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday I drove from Grand Island Nebraska to Gillette Wyoming. I drove on interstate, city, and back road highways. I averaged 25.5 mpg cruising at 72-75 mph most of the time at 2100 rpms. I am very proud of the lil jeep :D

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is very good mileage. You must have a good clean motor and state of tune.
Are you using synthetic engine oil..how many miles on your 07 KJ?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I drove up to Minneapolis and averaged 23-24 mpg, all on freeway @65mph.
Just got back from a round trip to the other side of the state and averaged 21 with mostly highway driving at 55-60 mph.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last weekend I drove up to Minneapolis and averaged 23-24 mpg, all on freeway @65mph.
Just got back from a round trip to the other side of the state and averaged 21 with mostly highway driving at 55-60 mph.

I did the exact same trek...and got 17. :shrug:

I think the EVIC is off, speedo reads low by 3 MPH.....

But then I have bigger tires, and I was going north of 70.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We thought 21-22 was great milage
And we had to "drive miss. Daisy" to get that
Meaning 65ish
Now we get 30 mpg going near 80mph
Not in a Jeep however
We could break in to the 20mpg range even with 10ply MTR's

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is very good mileage. You must have a good clean motor and state of tune.
Are you using synthetic engine oil..how many miles on your 07 KJ?

I think its running synthetic through it I'm not sure but right now its got almost 54k miles. The previous owners seemed to have maintained it pretty well since there are no signs of abuse and its really clean. Only off road other than a lil flexing one day and driving down back country roads its basically just a mall crawler. I think the tune up was done at around 50k miles although it was overdue. It has been a great vehicle other than the lil shimmy when I put it into gear Drive or Reverse then let off the brakes with the steering wheel turn a lil bit(not fully locked) and the window regulators. I still wish we had better tires than the crappy Goodyear HP's. Also, its 800 miles overdue for an oil change since the trip from Florida to Wyoming so that will be taken care of hopefully tomorrow.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most I've gotten was 25 on the highway going around 60 mph. I was moving out of college and following my dad who was towing a U-Haul. Probably could have gotten better if the Jeep wasn't loaded down with a bunch of stuff and didn't have to drive through the Virginian mountains.

Markus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best i've been able to average is around 20 MPG on a long trip from Buffalo, NY to Maryland.

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah the terrain in Nebraska is very hilly and that was were most of the trip was spent. Along with getting 25.5 mpg I was also getting over 500 miles per tank :D

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be happy to get 460 lol but when I saw 500 something on the overhead I was extactic. I daily drive to school and such an 06 Tacoma lifted with 33 Nitto TG. I average 246 on 3/4 tank then after that it ***** it down quick. I rarely see 300 miles :(

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove to Las Vegas and back, from the Phoenix area, a while ago and netted a nice 13mpg average. It's kinda hilly and I had the AC on full blast driving about 80mph; I think that was detrimental to my mpg's. :D I got 17ish last winter when I went to Vegas.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I would be happy to get 460 lol but when I saw 500 something on the overhead I was extactic. I daily drive to school and such an 06 Tacoma lifted with 33 Nitto TG. I average 246 on 3/4 tank then after that it ***** it down quick. I rarely see 300 miles :(

EVIC!
That explains everything... Those are as accurate as a dollar store altimeter or compass!

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems pretty acurate to me although it tends to stay on the same number for awhile then update but even checking the mileage on the Jeep I'd say its about right IMO :)