fan clutch recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilead1

Reaction score
So my fan clutch isn't working,
Mopar doesn't have it on stock.
I'm looking for a replacement, maybe heavy duty (I'm towing 3500 trailer on a very hot weather),
Any recommendations?
Anyone have experience with "Hayden Automotive 2635 Cooling Fan Clutch"?

Thnaks

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried aftermarket fan clutches and none of them worked properly. The one you mentioned would keep the fan running all the time until you hit around 3500 rpm, it would shut off but then repeat back on when stopped again. Tried a Murray one also from O'Riley auto parts and it did the same thing just worse. I ended up purchasing a used one from eBay from a confirmed lower milage KK. No issues with it now. I suspect the difference in surface area of the aftermarket clutches compared to OEM is creating this odd improper behavior I experienced with them. The aftermarket clutches do not fill in the housing area for the original clutch, thus allowing to much air around the clutch itself meaning it isn't exposed to the proper temperatures to operate properly.

Latest posts

Members online