Factory equipment codes for general maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepLibertyKK

Reaction score
I would like to do some general maintenance on my 2012 Jeep Liberty KK and I am wondering if there is an easy way to determine the drivetrain codes, recommenced fluids and capacities. I have a Suburban that has a placard showing all the original equipment from the factory, so there is no gray area as to what transmission, transfer cases and axles it has. I don't think Jeep has such a placard on the vehicle.

I found the following:

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4-Spd. Automatic Transmission
3.7L V6 Engine
Automatic VLP 42RLE Trans
Four Wheel Drive (4WD) / (4X4)
Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler
Command Trac II - Part Time 4WD
Dana 30/186MM Front Axle
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
Corporate 8.25 Rear Axle

For example, when I go to AllData, it lists TRANSFER CASE FLUID
MP1522 1.8 L (1.9 quarts)
MP3022 1.9 L (2.0 quarts)

How do I know which is applicable?

I'd like to change out the transmission fluid and filter (if applicable), transfer case, front and rear axle, etc.

Thank you very much for any information that points me in the right direction.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

JeepLibertyKK

Reaction score
I found these the other day on a different forum, but I bet they contain the info you need on doing the transfer case, diffs, transmission, etc.

2008 KK Service Repair Manual on cardigan.com - https://cardiagn.com/2008-jeep-liberty-kk-service-repair-manual-wiring-diagrams/

2011 KK Service Repair Manual on cardiagn.com - https://cardiagn.com/2011-jeep-liberty-kk-service-repair-manual-wiring-diagrams/

Your 2012 is probably identical to the 2011 in terms of parts and service.

Very in-depth information and I'll need to look around but seems like it's what I need.

Thank you for the links.