F37 - Failed recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crd05

Reaction score
My Jeep was yesterday in service for F37 recall. Unlikely everything not gone so perfect. Torque converter was changed, but some coolers didn't, because there was damage on delivery (A/C and some oil cooler).

So, torque converter was changed. F37 says that motor control unit and transmission control unit has to re-program. Motor unit success, transmission not. Mechanics said that transfer for the transmission control unit aborted without reason and after that whole box cannot be found by tester.

I tried to get "loan car" from Jeep Privilege Service, but they said that car must broke to the road, before I can get it. It was not enough that car was broken in service and I was waited it 14 hrs. So I had to drive 60km to home with my ill-Jeep. 5th gear doesn't work, torque converter doesn't lock, cruise control doesn't work :(

dnm45227

Reaction score
when i had the recall done the dealer said dc authorizeda 1 day rental with that recall. i would ask them again, are you in the usa?

crd05

Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
when i had the recall done the dealer said dc authorizeda 1 day rental with that recall. i would ask them again, are you in the usa?

I am from finland.

1 day rental would be fine (even more :D) by me, but here it looks like, that it doesn't work.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Absolutely bull crap! THEY screwed up your Jeep, therefor THEY need to make fix this, with as little inconvenience to you as possible.

Not sure how the rules in Finland work, but if that crap happened to me, i'd be threatening the dealer with one heck of a lawsuit.