extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just paid for my extended warranty the other day. i got the max care coverage for 7 years and 100,000 miles. it cost a hefty $1600+ after taxes were added but i figure if anything were to go it would be worth it.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a lemon, it will be worth it. But so far after almost two years, not a single problem with my 2004 KJ (cross my fingers!). Just make sure to use up the 100k just about the time the seven years ends. \:D/

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
believe me at the rate im going i probably will. i figure that since most major problems usually happen between the 75k-100k range id get the longest coverage possible just in case.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's one of those things you don't know wether to buy or not. Also you kinda hope you never have to use it but it's there if you do need it. So after 7yr/100,000 miles you can look back and decide ....in the meantime you got "peace of mind"......

Dave

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see things going wrong at 75 to 100k. In my case, in five years I figure my KJ will only hit 50k. I'll probably trade it in for another Jeep at that point.

k21975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else purchased an extended warranty? How long is it for? How much did you pay? I've heard the dealer can discount it, do you know how much?

Thanks.

dnm45227

Reaction score
We bought it, 7 years/70,000 miles. They said we got the employee discount. Paid about $2,300. It has a $100 deductable, but if we never use it we get $1,500 cash back.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I extended the bumper to bumper from the original 3/36,000 to 7,70,000 to match the drivetrain warranty when I bought mine the end of last august. I paid 936 dollars for it, but only after he tried to sell it to me twice at two higher amounts and I wouldn't buy it. It also has the 100 dollar detuctible, but haven't really had any major issues yet. We shall see.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i bought my jeep about 3 months ago and the warranty was around 1600 and it was a 7y/70k with a 100 dollar deductible. But when i bought it the guy who sold it to me didnt really inform me about certain things...so i went back after i got my pamphlet they sent me...and they extended it to 7year 85k for nothing!! Hey 15k...for free!! I cant complain

Jeeping

Reaction score
Heads up good people

If you own a Jeep you need an extended warranty and a good one. Be careful as we are finding out some smaller Dealerships won't fool with them.

We had our O4 in for new ball joints in a small town dealership recently. (Covered under the 3/36). But the extended warranty subject came up and the Service Manager said unless it is specifically from DCM or a Service contract you have poked your money down a rathole.

His reasoning was most dealerships don't have to honor them and they don't have time to sit on hold half a day while the Ext. Warranty folks try to figger out what the hell is going on or whether they want to pay or not.

WE showed him our Gold plated Platinum fancy dancy paperwork that was good til I'm 105 years and the Libby is almost that old. He says, "See this 800 number here......You call it when you need your coverage because most dealerships won't bother with them."

So Warranty buyer beware....Keep some extra cash on hand and then submit your bill to the extra warranty folks and keep your fingers crossed that they haven't gone TU. I guess a lot of them do......Yikes!