Extended Warranty Ques..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently received an application to extend my warranty from Jeep for my KJ. It's a tier package called "Added Care Plus" and "Maximum Care", both of which have a $100 deductible. My question here is (1) what are the common issues of owning a Jeep or KJ, (2) does anyone else have this extended warranty, and (3) if you do have it, is it worth it and have you taking advantage of it?

From looking at the 2 packages, I think the package "Added Care Plus" would probably fit my needs since it looks like it would contain the usual fixes. Any feedback is welcome, thanks all!

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a pretty good discussion about that HERE a while back.

For me, it was a good deal as my transmission went out while covered under the Max Care. The one thing you need to know however, is the pricing on it is quite negotiable, and you don't have to by it from the same dealer you bought your Jeep.

Nova69

Reaction score
You should be aware that the price of an extended warranty is very negotiable. I've got a very cooperative dealer and usually get mine at a substantial discount. There are online Chrysler dealers that sell these too, also at a discount (if nothing else, make a print-out and use it as a negotiating tool) - just be sure it's a genuine Chrysler warranty.

FoxChung

Reaction score
I'm going to extend it soon. During my warrantly period, I've my transmission replaced, and also the torque converter.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SAME warranty! The only thing was when I bought it the salesman that sold it to me really explained it HORRIBLY! So when I went back to the dealer and had NO idea what he had just sold me they explained it in detail AND increased it to a 7yr/85000mi warranty \:D/ !! Hey an extra 15k for free! What else could I ask for! I have used the warranty already and it has almost paid for itself. Good thing to have. *EDIT* Oh and to answer your question I have the MAXIMUM CARE warranty!

Members online