EVIC Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QueensJeep

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently scored an 05 EVIC with sunroof controls and Homelink off ebay. Brand new item that I got for $120 bucks!! The seller said that they do not have a pigtail for it though. There are no junkyards by me to try and find one. I was wondering if there is a way to wire this without the pigtail or if anyone here has one I can buy.

I will probably get the mounting bracket from the dealer, unless someone has one they can sell as well.

Thanks!

QueensJeep

Reaction score
Where can I find a floppy drive power cord? Circuit City? Can you give me a link to what you are referencing so I know what to look for. I appreciate your help!!!

Thanks!

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The little one. I tried to find the largest guage one i could find (20 i think). There has been some debate about the proper guaging for this device. Some say that you must use the 18ga that MOPAR used. IMHO and the opinion of an electrical engineer here at my college this is unnecessary. But this isnt the place to debate this .... anyway. I used this for mine, it worked fine. I just shaved the "tabs" off. Oh, use the little one not the big one. the big one is a molex...

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
If you're satisfied with this. I can snail mail you one for free if you like, i have dozens of them from DOA power supplies.

QueensJeep

Reaction score
If you're satisfied with this. I can snail mail you one for free if you like, i have dozens of them from DOA power supplies.

Thanks so much for help! I really dont want to put you out by asking you to mail one to me. Is this something I can find easily at an electronics store? I might have an old laptop lying around...would that have this plug in it...its an old compaq presario laptop.

If not, I can PM you my address.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
it wouldn't be a problem unless you live across the water. you should be able to get one from any pc or radio shack. The cheapest way would be to corner your local geek and ask him for a dead power supply. this kind of plug would be in a desktop not a laptop.

QueensJeep

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the EVIC has an Oil Change Indicator? I'm tired of having to write down my mileage for every oil change...lol

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, you can have it count. So, if you set it for 3k or 5k, then when that counter runs out, time to change the oil.

I started with Mobil 1 from the get go. I change every 5,000 miles. So, it's easy to remember. 5k, 10k, 15k. I also recently adopted this practice on my wife's car.

FWIW, I think that floppy gauge will be more than enough for the EVIC. I don't think it pulls nearly as much as people give it credit for.

matthewheld

Reaction score
I just got mine today!

I just got my EVIC today!

QueensJeep - did you install yours yet? How did it go?

I bought one on eBay from a 2004 Chrysler 300M for $175 including shipping. This has the Homelink and the TPS.

I have to order the plastic mounting bracket for the EVIC, and go to Fry's Electronics and get some shrink wrap and different colored wires. All said, I think the install will run around $225.00 + the temperature sensor - if I can use it. I still need to check and see if it's compatible.

QueensJeep

Reaction score
I should be getting mine today. I still need to order the mounting bracket so figure at least another week to install. Have Fun!!

QueensJeep

Reaction score
Thanks GeekyJeep!!! Does anyone know what the pin-outs are? Since I wont have the original harness, I cant match up the colored wires.

Last edited:

matthewheld

Reaction score
Hey, I'm almost done with my EVIC wiring. I've made and run the harness, with the EVIC connector & dome light connector spiced in, and moved/wired the original dome light above the back seat.

I'm now working on the splices under the dash. I'm going to tap into the fuse block by tapping into #13 with a 5amp fuse, using one on those handy little things that replace an existing fuse and have a place for the original fuse + the new fuse with a pigtail.

Also, my plan is to splice into the datalink just behind the connector.

Any concerns about this plan?

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
are you planning to install any roof mount DVD players or other 3rd party devices? ( not lights!)
if so i would trim past the first molex, if not trim as close to the first molex as possible. Molexes are the big ones.

Then solder to those ends and wire away!. :)

Latest posts

Members online