EVIC Help NIGHTMARE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed an 06 Liberty EVIC in my 06 and everything worked great (tested remote keyless entry and settings of EVIC) UNTIL... I changed one of the setting on the EVIC... I changed (auto unlock on exit to YES from NO) when I did that and shut off the car and opened the doors ALL the doors unlocked like they were supposed to... I went to lock the doors with my keyless remote and NOTHING... tried UNLOCK... NOTHING... The remotes now DONT work! ](*,) The only way they work now is if I have 1 key in the ignition with the car on and then I use the other remote... THEN all the features work... I tried changing the setting on the EVIC back (auto unlock on exit to NO from YES) and still NOTHING!!! Does ANYONE have any suggestions??? If I disconnect the battery long enough will it RESET the computer??? (how long to I have to leave it disconnected if that is the case?) What should I do?!?!?

PLEASE HELP! (Aeh) (Aeh)

THANK YOU!
Jonathan

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
You can try to relearn your wireless remotes. I believe there is a couple pages on it in your manual.

Very strange.

All City

Reaction score
I had the same problem, changed horn setting to off and keyless
entry stopped working. I had a blown fuse for the Data Link, it is
also the fuse for the sensor in your key. I reset my EVIC and left
it at the factory defaults and have not had any problems since.
Good Luck......

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what the problem was! Fuse #33 SKIM/DATALINK connector BLEW! Replaced it and everything works fine again! Just wish I could figure out why changing the settings causes this to happen ](*,) All settings are back to defaults no issues \:D/