ESP/BAS problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alel4783

Reaction score
Cruising in my 06 3.7 liberty the other day at about 65 the ESP/BAL light turned on rang a couple times followed by my brake, traction control, part time, tire and engine light coming on. At the same time my speedometer would drop down to 25 and back to 65, the RPM, temp and oil remained normal. I quickly pulled over restarted and checked it out, only the engine light remained on and everything sounded normal. This was about 5 days ago Ive had to drive it once since and thee same thing happened although this time it was set off by rough roads. Is this a problem any of you have had? I have suspicion it is electrical by the way it affects so much of the dash but really have no idea. please let me know if there or is a fix or if I'm driving around about to break down.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the CEL light is on, you have more problem than just the ESP/BAS. Go to a good garage and get the error code for the CEL.

alel4783

Reaction score
I just ran it through an OBD and got the error code p0573 which, from my research is a "brake switch A high" but all seem to be working fine

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a link in Post #4 which explains it. :)

Maybe if links actually showed up as links on this site, then people would see them and know to click on them. I've made several inquiries into this but have yet to get a decent response from any admins... just saying.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe if links actually showed up as links on this site, then people would see them and know to click on them. I've made several inquiries into this but have yet to get a decent response from any admins... just saying.

No, I've been waiting three years for this site to highlight links in posts.

Don't hold your breath! :favorites68:

I love this forum but whoever actually manages the website (so called webmaster :manos:) must be on permanent vacation. I've never been able to contact anyone with questions or issues.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep your fingers crossed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online