ESC and ****** issue please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my parents are in Florida this week and my sister decides to take my moms 2010 liberty for a joy ride. I drove it to get gas yesterday and it's all messed up now. She claims she did nothing and it drove fine but as of now the esc off light is on and it will not let me turn it back on. the transmission seems like it's in limp mode because it won't shift past 3rd and it's almost like driving a manual when you let off the clutch to fast because it jerks when you give it gas. It also feels like it's in 4wd. There are no codes and no other lights, I looked at all the brakes and they r fine too. Could anyone shed some light on this?

shibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine did that when i was in 4low i did something to put it in limp mode but it went back to normal when i went to two wheel and restarted

dbldune

Reaction score
disconnect the negative lead to the battery (black) for a few minutes and then reconnect it. it reboots the computer

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my KK and a work KK. I simply shut them off in neutral and restarted them in neutral.

Xodus989

Reaction score
I think this may have happened to mine too.... I *just* bought it 2 days ago and put it in 4 Lo and it didn't do anything. I hit the gas pedal, and all that happened was RPM's went up. I restarted, tried everything and yeah... Did nothing. Revved to about 800, and switched from 4HI to 2WD and it ****** forward and got into gear. Now it jerks really hard and wont go into OD.

Limp mode?

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this may have happened to mine too.... I *just* bought it 2 days ago and put it in 4 Lo and it didn't do anything. I hit the gas pedal, and all that happened was RPM's went up. I restarted, tried everything and yeah... Did nothing. Revved to about 800, and switched from 4HI to 2WD and it ****** forward and got into gear. Now it jerks really hard and wont go into OD.

Limp mode?

How did you put it in 4 lo? Dealer informed me wrong you need to follow the owners manual.Did you try shut it off in neutral(gear not transfer) and restarting in neutral?

Xodus989

Reaction score
How did you put it in 4 lo? Dealer informed me wrong you need to follow the owners manual.Did you try shut it off in neutral(gear not transfer) and restarting in neutral?

I put it in neutral (gear selector) then went to 4 Low. The light stopped blinking on the dash and stayed at 4Low. And no I didn't try restarting it in neutral. I put it in park all the times.