engine wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cashlab978

Reaction score
Hi, just about finished engine removal/install to replace rusted oil pan.However am stumped by a 4 wire connector that is orphaned and cannot
find a place to plug it. It has 4 wires and they are black, black/light blue,light green/red and green/red. The connectror is below the right exhaust manifold.
Any suggestions and maybe an engine wiring diagram would help. I have 2003
Liberty 3.7l 4wd.
Thanx
Ron

Smoothmiggy

Reaction score
Just installed a rebuilt 3.7 engine in my liberty. Off the top of my head the wires on the right manifold are: One plug is for the crank position sensor, another plug is for the cam sensor, and the other one is for the oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1. If your engine doesn't start I bet you the cam position sensor is not plugged in.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, just about finished engine removal/install to replace rusted oil pan.However am stumped by a 4 wire connector that is orphaned and cannot
find a place to plug it. It has 4 wires and they are black, black/light blue,light green/red and green/red. The connectror is below the right exhaust manifold.
Any suggestions and maybe an engine wiring diagram would help. I have 2003
Liberty 3.7l 4wd.
Thanx
Ron

Possibly the oxygen sensors.

You can download the 2003 KJ Service Manual here...includes circuit diagrams:

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's for the pre-cat 02 sensor on that side. either sensor 3 or sensor 4.

Latest posts

Members online