Engine Skid Discontinued?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like the original post in this thread, the lack of an OEM engine skid plate for the ’07 Liberty, has been skipped over. If no one is interested in the information, sorry I took the time to provide the straight scoop on the subject…

The original post:

the_titan said:
Anyone hear about this? Chrysler has stopped producing the Engine Skid Plate so once the existing stock is depleted there will be no more. No indication of a revised version coming out, either. Obviously, they are trying to limit the amount of overstock they get with the platform changing next year, but they must not care about 07 owners and future upgraders being able to get one. It's obviously about money, and I don't entirely blame them. Or is there some flaw in it nobody seems to be aware of that would be call for its discontinuation. They need to fix the flaw of the ****** skid being a piece of cardboard.

I answered in part:

AZKJ said:
You can still get the Mopar engine skid plate for the '06 and '07 Liberty. Your parts guy just has to look harder to find it.

In a nut shell, the engine skid is not available as an accessory. You have to order it as a direct replacement as if your KJ came with one installed from the factory.

The part numbers you need are:

- engine skid plate: 52129092-AB
- bolts: 6104416-AA

Now back to after market skids…