Engine Codes 2005 liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gimbit

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a 2005 Liberty, 3.7l v-6. It currently has 58,900 miles on it. About 2 weeks ago, the check engine light came on, and doing the on-off trick, got the code p0302, which I know indicates a misfire in cylinder 2. The dealership replaced the spark plug and coil. The light stayed off for a week, then back on with same code. Dealership reset computer. The light stayed off. Then, 2 days in a row, when driving it cold, it was a bit rough and the engine light blinked for about 10 seconds and then no engine light. Dealership said see if it happens again. Tonight, engine light is back on, but now throwing p0300 code....random misfire. I do not want to spend a bunch of money on guesswork. It runs beautifully, except a bit rough when cold. No loss of power. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jenny

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the p0300 and flashing MIL my guess would be o2 sensors. Don't put anything but NTK sensors in it if you choose to go that route first.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure that there is no water in the oil because on my dads 2004 durango he was getting misfire codes and eventually the engine needed to be rebuilt. the way to do this is to see if your oil is a creamy color, or a light brown. if it is you need to tell the dealer and they will need to change the oil in the engine as well as find a way to clean it out and they will also need to find the source of the water.