electrical issue - heating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyberdrone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning I wanted to drive to work, the KJ thought otherwise. Could nog get the doors open with the remote, so I used the key, then noticed that no lights in the dash lid up. So battery was drained, no idea what drained it ..
So the autoclub came to aid, got the KJ running again, and did some checks, battery and alternator seemed to be working just fine.
But I had to reset the computer and radio etc ..now I notice that I don't get any heating in the car, the fan blows, but just a little bit comes into the car.
Could it be that the complete system needs to be reset to get this working again ?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning I wanted to drive to work, the KJ thought otherwise. Could nog get the doors open with the remote, so I used the key, then noticed that no lights in the dash lid up. So battery was drained, no idea what drained it ..
So the autoclub came to aid, got the KJ running again, and did some checks, battery and alternator seemed to be working just fine.
But I had to reset the computer and radio etc ..now I notice that I don't get any heating in the car, the fan blows, but just a little bit comes into the car.
Could it be that the complete system needs to be reset to get this working again ?

I think these are to different issues. The battery drain could be a parasitic drain some where within the electrical system, or you could have left a dome light on without noticing. Now for the heat. How is your coolant level? Also have you replaced any parts from the cooling system? What does your temp gauge read? Could be your thermostat isnt opening or a plugged heater core.

Cyberdrone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I can see no dome lights or such thing was on, nothing in the cigarette-lighter either. For the heating, I can feel warm air coming in (the temp is ok), but not enough, it's like something is blocking the flow. The temp gauge works fine, engine temp is normal, coolant level is normal.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you set the fan control to 4 is it still making the leaf blower sound or it's still very quiest, like you have no control over the fan or a very little control?

Cyberdrone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like a leaf blower, the fan reacts normal according to the speed I set, the air is just not coming trough..

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a blend door issue then probably. Check the vacuum hoses behind the dial in the dash. Just note that the heat blend door is an electric actuator and the rest (when you select what vent you want the air to come out of) is vacuum actuated.

Cyberdrone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this mean that I need to take out the dashboard or can I access it through the engine compartment or underneath the dash ?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check the dial first. Just look up how to remove the radio bezel. The whole thing just pops out after you undo the screw in the little storage area under the controls. Use a flat putty knife or something to remove the bezel without scratching it up. Or if you have a simple trim removal tool that would probably work even better. that's about all I could do. I'd get it diagnosed professionally after that.

Cyberdrone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have the impression that the mechanics don't really know where to look. Yesterday i brought it in at the dealer, and in the afternoon they told me the problem was fixed. However it was not, with a cold engine the fan blew normally, once the engine came to temp, no air came through the vents anymore altough the fan was blowing normally, and the battery drain was not fixed either. So I brought it back, let them feel that there was no air passing trough the vents, and showed them that the battery was still being drained. Personally I think it's the diesel heater (located at the diesel filter, close to the battery) I constantly hear a slight noise coming from it. Can some one give me some tips in regard to the 'blend door' how they would be able to check that ?

Cyberdrone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it back from the dealer, it was a relais from the AC that caused all these problems ..