Ebay Renegade with dual controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
FUGLY!!!!!!!

How are you suppose to see the speedo...the tach...turn on the headlights?

What a waste of a wickedly nice Rene. wtf.gif

GA05SPORT

Reaction score
My old "postal delivery person" had a Cherokee with one of these nightmare setups.
She broke down once just past my house and I was shocked to see the way this thing was rigged up. I ended up writing up a three page letter when she tried to get her money back ( via the courts ) for the mess. It was crazy. I'm surprised she lived driving the thing.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty common dual control setup for postal carriers... See them all the time. They are actually pretty reliable believe it or not. I know one postal carrier that has a setup just like it in a Trailblazer, he has been driving it on the route every day for five years like that.

His has a bit different setup on the steering though, the passenger side steering wheel is like a racing wheel with a quick disconnect and then you just pull it off and take the belt off the drivers wheel and toss it in the back seat when you don't need it setup.

His pedal setup is totally electronic also, the gas pedal just plugs into the harness on the drivers side, fly by wire throttle, and the second brake pedal works off a sensor which applies a solenoid or something on the drivers side. All i know is he can unplug the pedal assembly harness and loosen a couple big wing nuts and pull the pedals out of place also.

The setup looks cheesy, but they work for what they were made for. Why not buy a right hand drive you ask? Well then your stuck with having a right hand drive all the time, and most guys don't want to spend the money to buy a special vehicle for work.

I do know of a white RHD 03' Liberty not too far from me thats a postal vehicle. He got it shipped over to the US through a foreign vehicle broker in Florida. Paid a lot for it too but he's happy with it.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some old pictures... Custom package tray over passenger seat.

Last edited: