E-Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever have this light come on? Did a search and cannot find much about it. Mine came on this morning after driving around 15min. Far as I know, it either means the ebrake is on or the brake fluid is low; neither of which were occurring at the time.

Can the wiring on the rear diff cause this issue? Everything is working grand. Light was off for the drive home this evening.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder if it's a freak thing...drive a bit more and see what happens. Wonder if something is out of adjustment. Is the e brake working good?

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be the e-Brake switch being flaky and is "relaxing" back even with the e-brake handle all the way down causing the dash light to come back on after a time. Fiddle with the handle while driving - push it down to see if it shuts the light off. If that doesn't work pull up a little bit with finger pressing the button, then push the lever down...see if the e-Brake light turns off.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried pulling up on the ebrake and nothing changed. If it was the ebrake its odd it would turn off when I shut the jeep off and turned the ignition back on. I use the ebrake quite a bit. I've yet to meet another person that uses the ebrake like its intended to be used.

Yes my ebrake works very well. I keep it adjusted both at the pads and at the handle. I've put a piece of cable in at the handle to keep it permantly adjusted. Doesn't let the cheap clutch back off. And no the cable doesn't interfer with the sensor.

Latest posts

Members online