Durlast wheel sensor made by MOPAR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speecebot5000

Reaction score
I had the ESP/BAS-ABS-Traction Control issue surface yesterday and after testing continuity and resistance in rear wiring decided to try an Autozone Duralast replacement as I'm trying to resolve the issue this weekend and didn't want to wait for OEM to ship. Opened the box and sure enough big old Chrysler sign stamped on the side of it with the correct part #. Part appeared new. Did I get screwed by someone returning a bad one or is this legit? Trying to figure out how load pic.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
AZ just reboxes about any parts, for example their sway bar bushings for the KJ are USA made Ramcoas. Crapshoot as to if it's a good or bad rebox.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The blower motor resistor I got from them was just like the OE one too.

For the LR3 I once had to buy a MAF sensor from them in Sterling, CO and it was a reman Denso one. Worked as good as the OEM one and continue to use them.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truth is MOPAR does not actually make a huge percentage of parts. I worked at an OEM for over 20 years. We made OEM parts for new vehicles, replacement with the OEM name, and replacement with a 3rd party name, or no name and the buyer would re-package it.

Been away for over 10 years and I'm sure there is even more now than then.

If the manufacturers had their way they would make nothing and just sell it :)

Everything from brakes, windshields, sheet metal, electrical, seats, entire interiors may be outsourced.

The company I worked for was bought out by Lear. (seats, interiors, etc) . They would bid on the entire interior - steering wheels, all dash components, seats, carpet, headliner - literally everything inside. Some they would make, others they would procure.

We would make multiple variations of the same switch - only difference might be the ID or part number stamped in the metal, printed on the plastic or molded into it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Everything from car parts to laundry and dish detergent is the same way.
Years ago , late 80s worked for Colgate Palmolive , we would run C-P brand for three days , another brand for a day , another etc .

We ran 5 different labels besides C-P out of that plant, different bottles, even some had coloring in it so it looked different but all the same exact stuff.

World has changed a lot since Henry Ford started the assembly line and produced all of the parts for the Model T

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked for Kellogg for a while.although a lot of their stuff was outsourced, they do no or little off brand.

I know none of the cereal was. There are a LOT of off /un-brand cereal producers.

Everything from car parts to laundry and dish detergent is the same way.
Years ago , late 80s worked for Colgate Palmolive , we would run C-P brand for three days , another brand for a day , another etc .

We ran 5 different labels besides C-P out of that plant, different bottles, even some had coloring in it so it looked different but all the same exact stuff.

World has changed a lot since Henry Ford started the assembly line and produced all of the parts for the Model T

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought Wells was supposed to be a supplier who got mopar stuff when it was Out of production. I can only think of one time when a wells box had a mopar part not sure if that was the correct box for it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably true, I can tell you we used to ship to Wells. Quite a bit in fact. When we started selling off some of the real old stuff they bought some of it.

I know when we did a new part some was restricted for aftermarket for a set period. Also, aftermarket had no OEM marks.

Much of the items were marked just with an ink stamp and some with a dot matrix ink jet printer. That way all that needed changing was the stamp. Older stuff might have been stamped into the metal - tool change for a different stamp and an additional component to control.

Prime example - starter solenoid for 55 to 70's Fords. Around 100 physically different ones, yet all were basically the same. Even sold to Warn for their winches.

Thought Wells was supposed to be a supplier who got mopar stuff when it was Out of production. I can only think of one time when a wells box had a mopar part not sure if that was the correct box for it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro