Driver Side Window Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAF16055

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 12 months the wifes Liberty developed the same issue which the dealer promptly and properly took care of. Kalmar Jeep replaced both the regulator and track which seems to have corrected the problem.

One thing that I have noticed, the drivers side window in my 2001 Cherokee is much faster than the drivers window in the 2006 Liberty...must be some sort of safety thing?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUMP....

We had the same issue with ours recently....pass. side front window fell into the door, took it in to the dealer, they called and said the part (whatever it was) would be covered by our extended warranty...BUT, the "new" design of this part no longer works with the current door glass and would require a new piece of glass, that is NOT covered by the warranty! So, $148 for new glass + $50 for the warranty deductible means we spent $200 on something that I feel should have been covered. We called and went back and forth with the Chrysler Warranty hotline, or whatever they called it, but it actually states in the warranty agreement "Glass replacement, no matter what the issue, is NOT covered by extended warranty"...or some such shit. Anyway, just giving a heads up to those with this issue that happen to be relying on the extended warranty.

Oh, almost forgot, now we have to pay to have that ONE piece of glass tinted to match all the others now that it is new and clear....yippie.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
BUMP....

We had the same issue with ours recently....pass. side front window fell into the door, took it in to the dealer, they called and said the part (whatever it was) would be covered by our extended warranty...BUT, the "new" design of this part no longer works with the current door glass and would require a new piece of glass, that is NOT covered by the warranty! So, $148 for new glass + $50 for the warranty deductible means we spent $200 on something that I feel should have been covered. We called and went back and forth with the Chrysler Warranty hotline, or whatever they called it, but it actually states in the warranty agreement "Glass replacement, no matter what the issue, is NOT covered by extended warranty"...or some such shit. Anyway, just giving a heads up to those with this issue that happen to be relying on the extended warranty.

Oh, almost forgot, now we have to pay to have that ONE piece of glass tinted to match all the others now that it is new and clear....yippie.

Ouch! That *****. Do you have Added Care or Max Care!?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Care sounds right to me...if i remember correctly.

Just checked....paperwork said "mastertech"

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Max Care sounds right to me...if i remember correctly.

Just checked....paperwork said "mastertech"
Sounds like a 3rd party extended warranty. That's likely why you had to replace the glass. Had it been Chrysler's Service Contract, Max Care (Added Care likely as well) would have covered the window glass, as it had to be replaced as part of the repair.