Drive Side Seat Upholstery & Squeak...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2003 Liberty Limited had a worn driver side seat bottom showing foam on the outside edge of the seat. Back is perfect. It also had an annoying squeak whenever I moved in the seat. Drove me crazy but didn't bother my wife. I found a perfect passenger side seat bottom in matching upholstery for $20 at my favorite salvage yard. When replacing the driver side seat bottom (left and right seat bottoms are the same) I found the steel brackets that the 2 rear bolts went through were broken off. I do not see a need for these 2 brackets unless they positioned the seat bottom at assembly to line up the 4 side bolts that attach the seat bottom to the seat frame. So I just left them out and bolted the seat bottom to the seat frame using the 4 side bolts. Squeak gone and driver seat is now perfect. Makes interior look like new! Cheap upgrade.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice i Bought seat covers and sprayed the tracks with lithium grease no squeaks and no visible foam. Win win.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decent seats for my Bronco were impossible to find. The ones I had the cloth was worn out and the padding was destroyed. Upholstery shop wanted $200 to fix just the bottom of one seat - and I'd heard their padding doesn't hold up more than a couple of years.

I bought a pair of really nice captains chairs from the second row of a Chrysler minivan (leather, reclining etc...) and the bench last row. Then I bought a pair of these:

Customized Racing Seat Bracket Set for Jeep Liberty | eBay

to install in the drivers and passengers position. The seats were next to nothing ($50?) I could have made the brackets (I will if I do it again). But a like new leather interior for $250 was a lot cheaper than seat covers that may or may not fit or match. It just took a little while to find the right color of van with seats in good enough condition to make the swap. I get a lot of compliments on them - especially passengers.

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some coverking neosupreme seat covers brand new on ebay for $100. Dint want to match just went with black.

Latest posts

Members online