Double Rainbow, with obligatory Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cameraflage

Reaction score
East of Cleveland, Ohio, along the Amish Frontier
Most impressive rainbow shots. The D200 is a wonderful machine, isnt it?

The moon shots are good, too. Full moon rule of thumb: shoot at f8 with a shutter speed of 1/ISO. That is, if your ISO is set to 400, bracket between 1/250 and 1/500.

"There is no dark side of the moon, really...as a matter of fact, its all dark."

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
cameraflage, thanks, I will try that next time.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The D200 is a wonderful machine, isnt it?

It is indeed. I am reminded of a passage from a story:

The man, whose name was nondescript, unslung his máquina and placed it on the bartop, gently, as if it was asleep and he wished not to wake it. It was his favorite machine gun. They had been together for years. Men who knew of guns and subordinate clauses said that when the gun was fired, it leaped and twisted with the iridescent violence of a taildancing black marlin, yet it was not nearly so slimy.
"A good and fine weapon, señor. Who is it's maker?" The barman reached for the gun but recoiled when it growled at him.
The man eyed his host warily, wondering if he took Visa. "My weapon is a Deus X, model 20."
"Ah, a Deus X máquina. A miraculous and convenient device, eh?"

...from "In Another Contra" by Dave and Diana Curtin, in "The Best of Bad Hemingway"

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish i had a clue what that meant.

cameraflage

Reaction score
East of Cleveland, Ohio, along the Amish Frontier
It is indeed. I am reminded of a passage from a story:

The man, whose name was nondescript, unslung his máquina and placed it on the bartop, gently, as if it was asleep and he wished not to wake it. It was his favorite machine gun. They had been together for years. Men who knew of guns and subordinate clauses said that when the gun was fired, it leaped and twisted with the iridescent violence of a taildancing black marlin, yet it was not nearly so slimy.
"A good and fine weapon, señor. Who is it's maker?" The barman reached for the gun but recoiled when it growled at him.
The man eyed his host warily, wondering if he took Visa. "My weapon is a Deus X, model 20."
"Ah, a Deus X máquina. A miraculous and convenient device, eh?"

...from "In Another Contra" by Dave and Diana Curtin, in "The Best of Bad Hemingway"

HA! You have to be a good writer to write that badly. For some reason, Warren Zevon's "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" is running through my head.