"does anyone know?" - steering wheel question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would like to add the steering wheel 'radio controls' option to my jeep. mine has cruise controls, but no radio buttons on the back side. if i completely replace my steering wheel with a 'radio button' equipped steering wheel... will it work... is it just plug and play.... or does it require a different wiring harness?

thanks!

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is just plug-n-play.

I've been looking for a used steering wheel for our '06 because I want the audio controls, but I haven't found one cheap enough to justify buying it. Every used steering wheel I've seen cost just as much as buying the parts new, or more.

I did see one go for $25 on eBay this past week though. I wanted to bid on it, but missed out because I wasn't home to keep up with it. That's the cheapest I've seen one go for.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference is if you find a whole one, you still have to pull the old wheel and 8 times out of 10 replace the clockspring. So you'd still need a good portion of that how to.