Do you keep a MAGlite in your KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If so where do you keep it? I have a 4 D-cell MAGlite that I kind of have squeezed in between my driver seat and center console. It fits fine, but I am always worried that it could come out if I were to really shake up the Jeep... if it came out it would go straight onto the driver side floor, and could interfer with the pedals - I realize it's a long shot, but it could happen. I do like how easily accesable it is in that spot though.

Does anyone have one mounted somewhere? If so, would you care to share a pic or two?

Edit: Right... so I decided to do an all forums search after I posted this thread and this topic was covered in the electronics forum. For those interested: http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=439&highlight=maglite

Mods, feel free to delete.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just keep small flashlights in the glove box. I am actually working on a kit (in a plastic tool box) that I can move from Jeep to Jeep for road trips... and a mag light would be a good thing to include.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MagLite sells brackets to mount the light. I drilled the 4 small holes required to mount the 2 brackets into the metal of the driver's side seat frame. I'll snap a pic when I get home and post it tomorrow.

It's easily reachable in the vehicle and out, but secure so that it won't move unless I want it to.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some maglite clips like was said above and ziptied them to the side of my seat. I didnt want to drill a hole. one of the holes that were already in the seat lined up so i stuck a bolt on in. I also keep a small maglite in the glove box. You can see a pic of it below. My 3D lite is the same color, and my jeep is blue!

You must be registered for see images attach

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have two. One on the standard location, on the drivers seat mount, a 4D Maglite 3 watt LED. Those are brand new from Maglite by the way. And a cargo area vertical mount, on the inside of the swing gate, on the outside edge. a 3D Maglite 3 watt LED. Both silver, just like the Liberty.

And yes, I'm crazy. People even complain how many flashlights and First-aid kits I have. But hey I live in earthquake country.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a little off subject but it is flashlight related, I am waiting to see if the overhead cargo light with the removable rechargable flashlight that is in the Compass and Caliber can be installed in place of the Liberty cargo light

Bob

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget maglite, I keep a 10 million candle spotlight handy in the back.

The thing will put a spot light on a wall at about 500 yards.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trodo said:
I actually have two. One on the standard location, on the drivers seat mount, a 4D Maglite 3 watt LED. Those are brand new from Maglite by the way. And a cargo area vertical mount, on the inside of the swing gate, on the outside edge. a 3D Maglite 3 watt LED. Both silver, just like the Liberty.

And yes, I'm crazy. People even complain how many flashlights and First-aid kits I have. But hey I live in earthquake country.

I have every flashlight known to man, I love the things. I need to get a first aid kit too! I saw the leds for the mag-lites at walmart today. There is no way im paying $18 for alittle LED. Ill stick with my good ol bulbs.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Gris said:
MagLite sells brackets to mount the light. I drilled the 4 small holes required to mount the 2 brackets into the metal of the driver's side seat frame. I'll snap a pic when I get home and post it tomorrow.

It's easily reachable in the vehicle and out, but secure so that it won't move unless I want it to.

This is exactly where I have mine mounted as well. This is a very popular place chosen by alot of us, and really is a very good location. I'll post a pic as well shortly

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
Forget maglite, I keep a 10 million candle spotlight handy in the back.

The thing will put a spot light on a wall at about 500 yards.

How big is that monster 5 x 5" head from Costco?

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about not posting the pic. Cable was dead when I got home from work last night and hadn't come back up before I left this morning :(

2003KJ

Reaction score
Ive got one of those in my room, but I bought the Mag especially for the Jeep. It also doubles as a weapon (try getting smacked across the head with one of those things...you'll be seein stars for a while)

dnm45227

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Ive got one of those in my room, but I bought the Mag especially for the Jeep. It also doubles as a weapon (try getting smacked across the head with one of those things...you'll be seein stars for a while)

They told us in the academy not to do it, unless you were justified in shooting the suspect as well. They said you would have to testify that you hit someone with a metal pipe filled with lead. Doesn't play well with jury's.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the laws are protecting the thugs more than the victims.. You couldn't shoot someone if they were trespassing? You could injure them but if you kill them or leave them without a limb, boy you got trouble...

2003KJ

Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
2003KJ said:

They told us in the academy not to do it, unless you were justified in shooting the suspect as well. They said you would have to testify that you hit someone with a metal pipe filled with lead. Doesn't play well with jury's.

If I had a gun to begin with, i'd use the gun and not the mag, and get it over with...lol.

I think the laws are protecting the thugs more than the victims.. You couldn't shoot someone if they were trespassing? You could injure them but if you kill them or leave them without a limb, boy you got trouble...

Unless you can justify that they were in some way puting your safety in danger, and you reacted as self defense. If you shoot some guys arm off cause he walks across your yard, yeah then you're in alot of trouble.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is so off the original thread but...
If you had to take it to that level, you state things like, he was going to attack my 2 year old son officer, he made hostile threats before lunging, he did not leave the premises when I gave him a direct order while I was armed, he seemed high, he grabbed a knife from my kitchen and attacked. I looked like he had a gun. I told him I was armed with a gun, yet he did not leave.
Or you could just place a realistic looking gun on the corpse.... But I never said that.

It's funny how if you use a bat on someone that's a felony, because it implys intent to do physical harm, but a gun doesn't?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
back to topic...

You must be registered for see images

too lazy to drill it in..so i just bungied it. on the other side of that is a fire extinguisher

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a touch on the paranoid side, so I keep a small streamlight Defender in the console, and a box of lithium batteries (it is brighter than a 4 cell mag-light, and fits in your pocket). I also have one of the self powered LED lights that you shake to make it work, and a 5,000,000 CP spot that plugs in to the 12v port.

Dont get me started on the duffle bag of survival gear, ammo, and weapons...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.