Do I need a ****** cooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm about to move and I havent much time to do it. So, I'm going to get a trailer hitch installed at the dealer, rent a uhaul trailer and pull ALL my stuff 1300km with my 06 Liberty.

So, I was wondering. Do I absolutly NEED a ****** cooler/towing package stuff? I do not have it and I'm not sure I can get it in time.

I'm going to be renting the biggest UHaul trailer they have. 6'X12'
* Volume: up to 396 cu. ft.
* Max load: 2,600 lbs.
* Gross vehicle weight: 4,400 lbs. max
* Empty weight: 1,800 lbs.

And I imagin I'm going to have it loaded right to the max. Aswell as the jeep itself will be loaded right full. The back/back seat will be full of stuff.

I'm driving through the praries (Saskatchewan/Manitoba). So its relatively flat except for a few big valleys.

Its also kinda cold, thou it is warming up. The weather people are telling me -18C on the day I'd be moving. Its also quite windy ALL the time:mad:

So, will the jeep be able to do it or will I be waiting for a tow truck? Being cold outside, I dont know if I'd need the ****** cooler?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well you have a transmission cooler. It's *NOT* built into the radiator... (BAD memory!!!) it is a separate cooler NEXT to the radiator.

The Jeep was rated for 2000lbs without towing package, so... you're only 600lbs over. If you wanna pull it, go ahead. :)

Last edited:

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was figuring I'd be pulling 3500-4000lbs...the trailer is 1800lbs empty. I guess what I'm asking is, will a transmission cooler really make any difference when its -20 outside? And whatever the towing package comes with, will that stuff matter when its -20 outside? From what I'm reading all the stuff in the towing package is to cool things....?

The Max load is what I can put in that trailer. Those are just the specs from UHaul:)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure all Jeeps with the 42rle already have the ****** cooler. Its not built into the radiator either, its the aux cooler. Look through the grill and you will see it.

Take it easy if you will be in windy conditions. More so if you do not have a anti-sway setup. It will probably sway alot since the Jeep has a short wheel base. Just let off the gas and let it slow down if it does start to sway, dont slam on the brakes.

Its always a good idea to use fulltime for sure if it rains.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it wont be raining:D Might snow thou;) Thanks

You guys up there gotta stop sending us those "Canadian Cold Fronts"......they tell us we are getting 2 storms....a small 6-8" one followed by 12"+ on Saturday .....eh? I am not that far from the Canadian Border. If this keeps up I'll have to move further south of you guys.......eh?

Just go easy with the trailer and lock out O/D and have a safe trip. Let us know when you arrive safely.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop? No! Keep sending those Canadian cold fronts full of precipitation!!!

I need snow!

Marlon......don't you only have to cross a bridge to be "over the border". You could just hop on over and get snowed and iced on..........:D

Dave

Members online