Disarming Tailgate Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesBrittain

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do any of you know if the automatic tailgate lock can be disarmed. At the moment everytime i start the jeep up and move off it automatically locks and the only way to unlock it is to turn the engine off and use the remote. Needless to say its a right pain. Pressing the remote whilst the engine is running or whilst the key is in the ignition does nothing. Anyone got any ideas out to disarm it so it doesn't lock as i have to turn my engine off everytime i need to get recovery gear out the back?

Thanks.

JamesBrittain

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I'll try the door local.unlock button on the door and see if that works. Im sure i've already tried it though and it didn't seem to do anything to the tailgate. I'll try again tonight for sure though.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is the Jeep?

Do you have the computer that tells you the temp, mpg, etc?

Ive never had mine lock although I do not use the auto locks. Only time mine locks is when I use the rear wiper and even then it unlocks via the fob if the Jeep is in N or park.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have to do the same thing. ive tried unlocking it with the lock swithch but it just unlocks everything else.i have an 07 btw

JamesBrittain

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help but it seems to be all sorted now. The unlock/lock rocker switch on the door did the trick. I completely forget it was there to be honest so feel pretty dumb. Thanks again.

tulsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help but it seems to be all sorted now. The unlock/lock rocker switch on the door did the trick. I completely forget it was there to be honest so feel pretty dumb. Thanks again.
The Liberty can be set so that all locks are opened when the drivers door is opened. I discovered that when I put an EVIC in.
Lewis

BNJ-KJ

Reaction score
I've got the evic in mine so I programmed the lock to stay unlocked but every now and then the tailgate is locked and i have to unlock it. I never knew why till this thread. It's got to be that darn rear wiper doing it to me.

Latest posts

Members online